How do you set the viewing language?
Answer: Search for content, then select the platform you want to use (On Demand, À la carte) or through an integrated app (Netflix, YouTube), and your preferred language. Or set a language filter for the TV Listings.
Need help? Let’s get started:
Good to know
Helix TV is a library of books, series and shows Much like a library or a catalogue, Helix aggregates TV content like movies, series, shows, TV channels and sports events. Use voice command with your remote or browse the menus of various entertainment platforms. For example: Guide View, Club illico, Netflix, etc.
How can you tell if the content is in French or English?
Have a look at the title and description
Usually, the title and description of the movie, series or show will be displayed in your preferred language, meaning the language that you set for your Helix experience.
The title and description are in English, but your interface is in French. That means that the content isn’t available in your preferred language. You can watch the content in the other language or look for something else.
Good to know
To see content available in French or English only, set a filter.
Look for the ENG and FRA tags
The ENG (English) and FRA (French) tags tell you what viewing options are available. They’re usually located in the content selection window.
Sort content with a language filter
Do you want Helix to suggest content only in French or English? No problem. Set a “French” or “English” filter in the Guide’s menu.
Good to know
To display the French or English filters, press the “Guide” button twice on your voice remote.
Setting the language for a movie rental
- Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, select the platform you want to use. Example: On Demand, À la carte or through an integrated app.
- Look for the FRA and ENG tags to set the content to French or English, depending on the available options.
Setting the language for a TV series
- Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, choose the content in the Guide or in the On Demand section.
- Look for the ENG and FRA tags to watch the content in English or in French, depending on the available options.
Setting the language for the TV Listings
- Apply an English or French filter. That way, Helix will only show the Movies, Youth and Trending content available in your preferred language.
- Look for the ENG and FRA tags.
Need help to use the Guide? ? Learn how to navigate the Guide.
Want to find out more about your voice remote? Learn what each button is for.