What can you do with the Helix TV App service?
Adding the Helix TV App service to your Helix Internet service gives you access to a basic TV plan that includes the following:
- Your shows, your movies, sports and live news
- The option to add Premium channels and channel plans for more content
- Cloud DVR to record your shows (paid service) and the “Download to go” add-on to take your content with you
- Access to thousands of hours of On Demand movies and shows
- Connect the mobile devices and computers used to access the Helix TV App service to your Wi-Fi network. They must meet the minimum configuration requirements.
- Make sure you have successfully downloaded the Helix app on your devices.
- Use your Helix ID and password to sign in to the Helix TV app and choose the Helix TV App service.
Can I use the Helix TV App service on multiple devices at the same time?
Yes, it can be used on up to five devices simultaneously.
Can you record content with the Helix TV App service?
Yes, You can record up to 10 shows at the same time and many hours of content, depending on the option you choose.
What channels are included in the Basic plan?
The Basic Helix TV plan includes 23 basic channels: AMI-télé, AMI TV, APTN, Canal de l’Assemblée nationale du Québec, Canal M, Savoir média, CBC, CBC News Network, Citytv, CPAC (FR), CPAC (ANG), CTV, Global, ICI Radio-Canada Télé, ICI télévision, MAtv, MétéoMédia, Télé-Québec, TSC, TV5, TVA, Unis and V.
Selection of à la carte channels: which à la carte channels are available?
All à la carte TV channels are available.
Good to know
You can add channels to your plan. Sign in to My Helix Account to select or change your channels.
Can you download content on your device for later viewing offline?
Yes, you can download up to 15 units of content (depending on device capacity) on five different devices.
Can I order On Demand or à la carte content?
Why are not all my channels accessible on the go?
We work with each content provider to offer as many viewing options as possible. The rights to our websites and television content delivery applications vary by network and may include all or part of the programming for our customers when they are away from home.
You need to be connected to your home Wi-Fi network to get the best experience with the Helix TV App service. If you are connected to another network, you will have access to your plan’s Helix GO channels, On Demand content and your recordings.
Does the Helix TV App service use up my data?
When connected to your Helix Fi gateway, the Helix TV App service uses our private cable system, not the Internet. So using the Helix TV app does not use up your monthly Helix Internet data.
However, data is used up when you are not connected to your Helix Fi gateway and when using a website or another app to view entertainment content.
Using a wireless network other than your home network may result in data charges. Here’s a Videotron article on the factors affecting Internet usage.