Why should I disable my mobile data?
You can disable mobile data from your device at any time for several reasons:
- Control your mobile data usage
- Avoid roaming charges
- Limit your mobile data usage if no Wi-Fi network is available
If you disable your mobile data, you can only access the Internet via Wi-Fi..
If no Wi-Fi is available or if your mobile device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi network, disabling your mobile data means:
- You will no longer receive updates related to your device, email or mobile’s proper operation.
- If you restart your device, your mobile data will be enabled, so you will need to disable them again.
- You will no longer have access to your illico mobile services.
- You will no longer be able to use the multimedia messaging service (MMS).
How to disable my mobile data
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the Data usage section.
- Turn Mobile data off.
- Open the device’s Settings.
- Go to the Cellular section.
- Turn Cellular data off.
Good to know
Turn mobile data off does not affect calls and it is possible to continue using the Internet over a Wi-Fi network.