Assisted installation process
- The technician checks exterior installations.
- If needed, they will leave the equipment and accessories required for installation at your door.
- They will assist you from their service vehicle through an audio or video call, while you connect all your equipment yourself.
The assisted installation process lasts 80 minutes on average, but may take longer if you have several pieces of equipment to install.
We will confirm your installation appointment twice:
- By automated call, 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- The day of the appointment, to notify you that the technician is on their way.
Getting your place ready for installing your equipment
- Have a responsible adult present during our technician’s visit.
- Make sure an adult will be there to receive the equipment delivered by our technician and follow their instructions by telephone and video conference. The technician won’t be able to complete the installation if there is no adult present.
- Is your home or building subject to any restrictions? For example, are you forbidden from drilling holes into any exterior wall? Please let the technician know.
- Make sure the technician will have access to the junction box and clear the area. This may require the assistance of your superintendent or a condo administrator.
Warning: Remember to notify your superintendent or condo administrator at least 24 hours in advance to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
- Choose where you want to install your Helix Fi gateway or Internet modem. Your equipment should be placed in an uncluttered, central area (to ensure all your devices operate properly), near an electrical outlet and a coaxial cable outlet.
The day of the technician’s visit
Have your equipment ready
- If you already have your Videotron equipment, make sure you have properly unpacked and prepared everything you need to plug in: modem, Wi-Fi router, Helix Fi gateway, terminal, television, computer, home telephone, as well as these device's wires and cables.
- Also prepare the other Wi-Fi devices to configure for Internet access: computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones.
Promoting the use of videoconferencing
- To make your installation easier, the technician will suggest that you use videoconferencing for a short time, for example to show them your connections or to show you exactly where to do something.
- The videoconferencing tool is very easy to use: the technician will send you a link via SMS or email to quickly and easily activate the microphone and camera on your mobile device. You won’t have to install any apps and, to ensure privacy and data security, no audio and video data from this call will be kept.
Picking your favourite TV channels
- To get started, log in to My Helix Account for the first time.
- Enter your email address and the four-digit temporary password you received when subscribing to your Helix services. You will then be prompted to create a new password. My Helix Account features all the information on your Helix services and equipment.
- Choose your channels before the assisted installation process. This help enable you to install your services faster.
Next generation illico TV customer
- Log in to your Customer Centre or create your Customer Centre account if you don’t already have one.
- Choose your channels before the assisted installation process.
Choosing your network and Parental Control passwords
- Choose a Wi-Fi network name and a personalized password (of at least eight alphanumeric characters). You will need to enter this information when installing your Helix Fi gateway.
- Do you have children? You will need a four-digit PIN for your Parental Control options and to access the Kids Zone, which features youth-focused content. You will also need to choose a four-digit purchase PIN to limit access to paid content. While both PINs may be identical, you must configure each of them separately. Choose them in advance and have them handy during installation.
- Have children or want to limit access to paid content? We recommend that you change the default PIN (0000) that’s configured on your illico TV terminal. You will need to choose a four-digit PIN for your Parental Control options and a purchase PIN. While both PINs may be identical, you must configure each of them separately. Choose them in advance and have them handy during installation.