In the event that someone has COVID 19 in your home or at the special request of a customer, the technician can offer remote assisted installation of your equipment.
- We will confirm your installation appointment twice:
- By automated call, 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- The day of the appointment, to notify you that the technician is on their way.
- The technician will not be able to complete the installation if there is no adult present. Make sure that an adult will be present on site to welcome and guide the technician for the entire duration of the installation.
- The time slot given corresponds to the hours between which the technician will arrive, for example between 7 am and noon.
- The installation time can be around 1 hour 30 minutes for Helix Internet and TV.
- Choose where you want to install your Helix Fi gateway. It should be centralized in relation to the rooms where you use devices connected to Wi-Fi, in an uncluttered area, near an electrical outlet and a coaxial cable outlet.
If your current modem is already found in a central area, the technician will probably install the Helix Fi gateway in the same spot. Otherwise, he will suggest an optimal area.
- Be sure to clear access to your coaxial cable outlets in your home. For safety reasons, the technician cannot move any furniture.
- If you already have your Videotron equipment, make sure you have unpacked and provided everything that needs to be connected, as well as the wires and cables. Also prepare the Wi-Fi devices to be configured for the Internet: computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones.
- Is your home or building subject to any restrictions? For example, are you forbidden from drilling holes into any exterior wall? You will have to let the technician know.
- Make sure the technician will have access to the junction box and clear the area. This may require the assistance of your superintendent or a condo administrator.
Warning: Remember to notify your superintendent or condo administrator at least 24 hours in advance to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
Choose your network and Parental Control passwords
- Think about a name and personalized password (minimum of 8 alphanumerical characters) for your Wi-Fi network. The technician will ask for that information to complete the installation process.
- Do you have children? The technician will ask you to choose a four-digit PIN for your Parental Control options and to access the Kids Zone, which features youth focused content. You will also need to choose a four digit purchase PIN to limit access to paid content. While both PINs may be identical, you must configure each of them separately.
If you are an illico customer and you have children or want to limit access to paid content, we recommend that you change the default PIN (0000) that’s configured on your illico TV terminal. You will need to choose a four-digit PIN for your Parental Control options and a purchase PIN. While both PINs may be identical, you must configure each of them separately. Make your choice and have them handy for the installation.
Pick your TV channels
- To get started, log in to My Helix Account for the first time.
- Enter your email address and the four-digit temporary password you received when subscribing to your Helix services. You will then be prompted to create a new password. My Helix Account features all the information on your services and equipment.
- Choose your channels. This will reduce the installation time of your services.