What is Helix Fi app?
The Helix Fi app is a digital dashboard that helps you manage your home Wi Fi network and your connected home. It gives you complete control at your fingertips: set up your Wi-Fi in minutes, get the password for your wireless network, see who’s online, troubleshoot problems and manage family members’ network use with features like Pause Device and Parental Control.
Good to know
The Helix Fi app is free and included in all Helix plans. Take time to explore all its features to make the most of Helix.
How to download the Helix Fi app
- To install the Helix Fi app, click the link that matches your device’s operating system:
- Use your Helix ID and password to log into the app.
We recommend that you update the operating system of your device as well as the version of the Helix Fi app in order to enjoy your experience and take advantage of the latest developments.
Good to know
The supported mobile operating systems are iOS 13 and Android 7.0 or later versions. Beta versions may not be fully supported. Windows and Amazon phones are not supported. Helix Fi can be installed on the iPad but has not been optimized for it.
The Helix Fi app online
Go to HelixFi.videotron.com and sign in with your My Account user name and password.
Make sure you have one of the last two major versions of one of the following Web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge.
Understanding Helix Fi app’s sections
The Helix Fi app is organized into five practical sections to manage your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- Overview: View the network name and password, check the status of your Internet connection, restart your Helix gateway and get an overview of how your home network data has been used in the last 24 hours or 30 days.
- Connect: See information about your home network and display the devices connected, interrupt a device’s Internet access and display data usage information, fix certain problems with your Wi-Fi network yourself and extend your coverage if needed.
- People: Add or remove users from your network and easily manage family members’ network usage (for example, by setting a bedtime schedule during which the children’s devices can no longer access the Internet).
- Home: Add home automation devices to your network and manage their functionalities to centralize the control and the management of your smart home.
- More : Add devices to your network, configure your preferences in the service settings and find the help you need with the operation of the app.
How to use the Helix Fi app
After downloading the Helix Fi app, you will have access to a range of handy features. You will be able to:
- Rename the devices connected to your home network so they’re easier to identify.
- Create profiles to assign devices to family members and manage their Internet usage.
- Link your home automation equipment to your network to centralize your smart home management.
- Be notified in real time as soon as suspicious activity or a threat is detected and quickly correct the situation, even remotely.
- Instantly block the Internet access of any device or profile connected to your home network.
- Get notifications when new devices connect to your network.
- Set parental controls and bedtime schedules to make sure your children only access appropriate content at appropriate times.
- Change your Wi-Fi username and password.
- See what devices are most active on your home network and when.
- Add, edit or delete port forwards.
- Access advanced features to further personalize your wireless network.
- Access your home network information on your Helix TV terminal.
- Extend Wi-Fi coverage to remote areas with Wi-Fi pods.
FAQ about using Helix Fi app
If you’re using Parental Control features, it’s possible that the MAC Randomization feature will impact certain Helix Fi app profile features and that you need to make changes to assigned devices.