We will confirm your installation appointment with our technician twice: by automated call 24 hours prior to your appointment, and then the day of the appointment by phone, to notify you that our technician is on his way to your home. In the meantime, we invite you to read the following information to ensure that everything runs to your satisfaction.
Make sure an adult is present
The technician will not be able to complete the installation if there is no adult present. Make sure that an adult will be present on site to welcome and guide the technician for the entire duration of the installation.
The time slot given corresponds to the hours between which the technician will arrive, for example between 7 a.m. and noon. The installation time can be around 1 hour 30 minutes for Helix Internet and TV.
If your home is part of Videotron’s Operation High Speed, your Helix installation may take longer, so we recommend that you have an adult present for the entire day.
Prepare your home and equipment
- Choose where you want to install your Helix Fi gateway or your router. It should be centralized in relation to the rooms where you use devices connected to Wi-Fi.
- Be sure to clear access to your coaxial cable outlets in your home. For safety reasons, the technician cannot move any furniture..
- If you already have your Videotron equipment, make sure you have unpacked and provided everything that needs to be connected, as well as the wires and cables. Also prepare the Wi-Fi devices to be configured for the Internet: computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones.
- Is your home or building subject to any restrictions? For example, are you forbidden from drilling holes into any exterior wall? You will have to let the technician know.
- Make sure the technician will have access to the junction box and clear the area. This may require the assistance of your superintendent or a condo administrator.
Attention: Remember to notify your superintendent or condo administrator at least 24 hours in advance to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
The technician will install cable on the surface of the wall, not in it.
Think about your access limits to content and services
Wi-Fi network name and password
Think about a name and personalized password (minimum of 8 alphanumerical characters) for your Wi-Fi network. The technician will ask for that information to complete the installation process.
Helix TV Parental Control
Do you have children? Think about a four-digit PIN for your Parental Control options and to access the Kids Zone, which features youth focused content. You also need to choose a four digit purchase PIN to limit access to paid content. These two PINs can be identical but will be configured separately. Have them handy for the installation
illico TV Parental Control
If you are an illico customer and you have children or want to limit access to paid content, we recommend that you change the default PIN (0000) that’s configured on your illico TV terminal. You will need to choose a four-digit PIN for your Parental Control options and a purchase PIN. While both PINs may be identical, you must configure each of them separately. Make your choice and have them handy for the installation.
Helix Internet Parental Control
Several options for managing your Wi-Fi network usage are included on the Helix Fi app. You can already start thinking about the limits and restrictions you’ll want to set by exploring the different features of the Helix Fi app.
Pick your Helix TV channels
To reduce the installation time of your services, you can select your TV channels before the technician’s visit.
- Log in to My Account.
- Choose your channels.
If this is your first time logging into My Account, enter your email address and the four-digit temporary password you received when subscribing to your Helix services. You will then be prompted to create a new password.