Don’t have the Helix TV app yet? Find out how to download it to your mobile devices or access it on a computer.
The Helix TV app enables you to watch:
- View your entire content and channel lineup
- Watch content that has been recorded (or is being recorded) on your Helix TV terminal
- Watch yout live TV channels
- Access various On Demand content
- Download your On Demand content and your recordings to watch offline.
- Use your tablet or smartphone to stream your content on your TV. See how to stream with Chromecast.
Important : Streaming live TV and downloading content uses mobile data when you’re not connected to a Wi Fi network. Also, live and paid content can only be viewed in Canada.
- Open the Helix TV app on a device connected to the Internet. Follow the instructions on your screen to sign in.
- Tap Live TV to access the TV Listings and see what live content is available, then select the type of content you’re interested in.
- To narrow down your search, use the filters on the right-hand side of the screen, like Available Out of Home for content that’s available anywhere, HD Channels, Closed Captioning (CC), Secondary Audio Programming, or Video Description.
- If you’re looking for something specific, start typing a content title, the name of a sports team or the name of a channel. The app will start searching for it automatically and narrow down the results as you type.
- Select a content to view it or learn more about it. For series, program details include Info, Episodes, Upcoming episodes and Related. For movies, program details include Info, Upcoming content and Related. For sports teams, your options will be Info about the team, Games and Replays.
You can view live content, watch shows that you’ve recorded on your Helix TV terminal or access free or paid On-demand content.
Good to know
When you watch movies and series online with Helix TV, are you told that Google will no longer support Flash? No worries, you can still watch your content. Simply enable Flash in your Chrome 76 browser (or any more recent version).
Follow the instructions on the Google Chrome Help page.
Watching live TV
- Connect your device to the Internet (Wi-Fi network, cellular data network or local network).
- Open the Helix TV app on your mobile device.
- Go to the main menu. On the mobile app, swipe right. Tap All Channels under Live TV. It is the first option in the menu.
- Tap a channel’s logo to live stream it. You can also tap on a show that’s currently playing, then Watch to watch it or Info for more information. Both options are at the bottom of the page.
Some programs can only be watched at home. If that’s the case, you’ll see a notification in the info page.
Programming your recordings
Note that the Recording feature is included in all Helix TV plans and offered as an option in all Helix TV App plans.
You can program a recording from anywhere in the world with the Helix TV app. However, viewing is only possible in Quebec.
- Open the Helix TV app on your mobile and open the menu.
- Select Live TV.
- Remove the Helix GO filter if it is active so that the channels not identified as Helix GO channels appear first.
- Select the content to record from a channel not identified as a Helix GO channel and click on Record.
- For a movie, your recording will be automatically set up.
- For a series, under Record Options, select Set Episode Recording or Set Series Recording. When recording all episodes, select New episodes only or New and repeat episodes and tap Confirm.
Watching your recordings
- Connect your device to the Internet (Wi-Fi network, cellular data network or home network).
- In the Helix TV app, under Saved, tap Recordings. You’ll see your scheduled recordings, as well as those that are completed or in progress.
- The Recordings tab enables you to watch your recordings anywhere in your home. Recordings can be displayed as a list or a picture gallery, as you prefer.
- o The Scheduled tab allows you to browse and manage your scheduled recordings.
- To view a program that was recorded to your Helix TV terminal (cloud-based), tap the recording, then Watch.
Editing your recordings
It’s easy to edit or delete a scheduled recording with the Helix TV app.
- Open the Helix TV app on your mobile and open the menu.
- Under Saved, select Scheduled.
- Select the scheduled recording you wish to edit.
- Tap Record Options and select Modify Recording or Cancel Recording, then Yes to confirm.
- If the recording is part of a series, select Cancel Recording, then Just this Episode or Series Recording.
Downloading your recordings
You can also download your recordings directly to your mobile device to watch them offline.
- Under Saved, tap Recordings and select a content (if it’s a series, you’ll have to choose an episode).
- Tap Download.
- When the download is complete, you’ll be able to watch the recording without using data.
Important : You can’t download recordings when using the Web app.
Checking in downloaded content
Content that has been downloaded to a device will not be available on your Helix TV terminal or on other devices synced to your Helix system. You’ll have to check in the content by following these steps:
- Under Saved, tap Downloads in the main menu.
- Tap the download you want to check in.
- Tap Return to return your device’s content and then Yes to confirm.
- Once checked in, the content will once again be available on the other devices.
Watching On Demand content (free and paid)
To access certain On Demand content, you must be connected to your home network. If the program you want to watch isn’t available off your network, the Watch button will be grayed out.
- Connect your device to the Internet (Wi-Fi, cellular or home network).
- In the Helix TV app, the Browse menu will display the shows and movies that you can view at home and the TV GO content that you can view outside your home.
- You can browse the content by type (shows, movies, channels, kids’ content) or filter it if needed (TV GO, HD Channels, Closed Captioning, Secondary Audio Program, Video Description, Available to Download).
- Once you’ve made your choice, tap the show or movie.
- For an episode, tap Play latest or select another episode below Watch now. For a movie, tap Play.
Here are some more interesting features:
- Would you like to know when a show will be broadcast on live TV? Tap the Upcoming tab to see the schedule.
- To access your On Demand purchases remotely, tap Helix TV Purchases in the Saved tab.
Configuring Parental Control
With the Helix TV app, you can access Parental Control settings to manage the content that various devices can access.
To enable it:
- Tap the icon at the bottom of the main menu.
- Tap Parental Control.
- Enable it and create a PIN.
- You can then configure various restrictions in the same menu.
To disable this option, you’ll have to re-enter your PIN. You can quickly reset all locked content by tapping Reset Parental Control at the bottom of the menu.