View your mobile data usage in the User Centre +
To never run out of mobile data when it matters most and avoid additional charges, see how to better manage your mobile data usage.
View your mobile data usage in the Customer Centre
- Log in to your Customer Centre.
- Select the tab View your Mobile use.
View your mobile data usage in the User Centre +
- In the Mobile tab, select the correct number, if required.
- View the data usage graph.
- Use the arrows to the left and right of Current Period to view previous periods.
- Select Data to view the usage details for the selected period.
Warning: If you change plans during a period still in progress, the usage graph will temporarily show the word Adjusting rather than the number of gigabytes used.
If you exceed your monthly plan limit, the circle in the graph will turn darker orange.
Are there limits to my data usage?
When you use mobile data, you’ll be charged extra if you exceed the data included in your plan or Data Add-ons:
- $50 for data overage on the Videotron and partner networks
- $100 for data usage while roaming in Canada or abroad
Good to know
Internet usage is measured in gigabytes (GB), megabytes (MB) or kilobytes (KB).
1 GB = 1024 MB
1 MB = 1024 KB
How do I set a warning or blockage?
You won't have to worry about exceeding your data limit if you set a warning or blockage when said limit is reached. This feature is only available on Android devices.
Note : Depending on your device’s model, the procedure may vary slightly.
- Go to Settings and select Connections, then Data Usage.
- Tap Billing cycle and data warning.
- Turn on Set data warning and/or Limit mobile data usage features.
- Choose the desired usage cap and enable an overage notification if you wish.
- Select Start billing cycle on and set the reset date for the usage cycle to the date of your billing cycle.
- Go to Settings and tap Network & internet.
- Select SIM cards.
- Tap Data warning & limit.
- To change the billing day, select Cellular data usage cycle, enter the desired day and tap Set.
- To set up an overage notification, turn on Set data warning option, select Data warning, then enter the desired number and select MB or GB. Tap Set.
- To set up a data cap, enable the Set data limit option and select Data limit. Enter the desired number and select MB or GB, then tap Set.
- Go to Settings and select Network and Internet or Connections.
- Select Mobile Network or Data Usage.
- Select Warning and Data Limit or Billing Cycle.
- Choose the desired usage limit and enable an overage notification, if desired.
- Set the reset date for the usage cycle to the date of your billing cycle.
If you have an iPhone, you can find out how much data you have consumed to date in the Videotron User Centre + app, which you can download from the App Store (also available in the Play Store for Android devices). This information is also available in your online Customer Centre. You can also view your data usage in your iPhone settings.
How can I monitor the caps on overage charges?
If you find yourself exceeding your plan’s mobile data on a regular basis, your Mobile plan might not be right for you. You can switch to a different one that better suits your needs or purchase a Data Add-on. This option is much less expensive than paying a surcharge for exceeding your data limit.
Here are two ways to help you monitor your mobile data usage and let you know if you’ve reached the limit on overage charges.
Receiving text notifications
Warning: To make sure you receive notifications, log in to the Customer Centre, select Manage your communication preferences in the Account & Billing section, and make sure the boxes in the Notifications about your services section are checked.
To follow your data usage, Videotron sends you follow-up notifications. You’ll receive up to three types of notifications by text:
- A first notification tells you that you’re about to reach your plan’s data limit.
- A second notification tells you that you’ve reached your limit and that pay-per-use rates will now apply.
A third notification tells you that you’re about to reach the cap set for data overage charges:
- Videotron or partner network: you’ll receive a text message when you’ve accumulated $40 in overage charges, and you’ll still have $10 of data usage left before you reach the cap. Upon reaching the data overage limit, your Mobile data service will be suspended until your next billing cycle.
- Roaming in the rest of Canada and abroad: You’ll also get a text message once you’ve accumulated $80 in data roaming charges, and you’ll still have $20 of data usage left before you reach the cap. Upon reaching the data overage limits, your Mobile data service will be suspended until your next billing cycle.
Check the access to a Wi-Fi connection
Before you watch your shows, download applications, or start updates, go to your device settings to check if a connection is available where you are. There is free Wi-Fi access everywhere: in public transit, in public areas, and restaurants and cafés, among others.
Note, however, that certain networks can be quite slow, making viewing difficult; still, it’s worth a try.
Good to know
How to reduce my mobile data usage?
Here are some ways to help you reduce your mobile data usage and avoid paying overage charges.
Reduce background data usage
Take the time to check your settings to determine which applications are automatically refreshed and deactivate the ones you use less often to gain valuable megabytes.
Disable the automatic video playback feature on social networks apps (Facebook, Youtube, TikTok)
Download your apps, updates and content while connected to Wi-Fi
Downloading an app can use between 40 and 130 megabytes (MB), updates can use between 5 and 20 megabytes (MB), and software updates, up to 1GB.
Download any shows or movies you want to watch before you leave, while having access to your home’s Wi-Fi. They will be stored directly on your device, and watching them will not consume any mobile data.
See how to download your recordings with Helix TV app.