Your star codes to better manage calls
Discover four useful star codes to manage your calls according to your needs and situations.
The Busy Call Return service allows you to call a busy line over and over automatically for 30 minutes. When the line becomes free, your phone will notify you with a distinctive ring.
This service is optional. Subscription fees apply.
To use the Busy Call Return feature:
- Call the number.
- Hang up when you hear the busy signal.
- Pick up the phone, dial *66, then hang up. The system will monitor the line for the next 30 minutes.
- When the line is free, your phone will notify you with a distinctive ring.
- Pick up the receiver and the system will automatically dial the number you’ve been trying to reach.
To cancel the Busy Call Return:
- Pick up the receiver and dial *86.
- You will hear a message confirming that the service has been disabled.
Your add-on features to screen incoming calls
Discover three useful add-on features to screen the calls you receive.
Trace unwelcome calls using our Call Trace service, even for callers listed as private. This service only allows you to trace the last call made to your phone.
Videotron can only divulge traced call information to the relevant authorities.
To enable Call Trace:
- Hang up after answering the call.
- Pick up the phone and wait for the dial tone.
- Dial *57 and wait for the recording confirming that the call was traced.
- Please contact your local police authorities and give them the date and time of the traced call.
Warning: No subscription required. You will be charged extra fees every time you use this service, regardless of whether or not you call the police.
Your options for managing your number privacy
There are three ways to hide your phone number:
- Free one-time Call Blocking with *67
- Permanent Caller ID Block
- Unlisted Number by not publishing your name and phone number in the phone book
Block your name and number only for the next call
- Dial *67 and wait for the three beeps.
- Dial the number of the person you’re trying to reach.
- The caller ID of the person you’re calling will display Private Name or Private Number.
Block your name and number permanently
The Permanent Caller ID Block feature allows you to permanently block your name and phone number for all calls.
If you are subscribed to this service, you can disable Permanent Caller ID Block for a specific call. To do so:
- Dial *82, followed by the number of the person you’re trying to reach.
- Your name and number will be displayed on the caller ID display of the person you are calling.
- Once the call is finished, Permanent Caller ID Block will automatically be reactivated.
Not publishing your name and phone number in the phone book
If you don’t want your contact information to be published in the phone book or divulged by Directory Assistance (411), you have to subscribe to the Unlisted Number feature.
This option, however, does not prevent your name and number from appearing on the caller ID display of the people you call. This is why the Permanent Caller ID Block and Unlisted Number calling features can be paired.
Frequently asked questions about Home Phone calling options
The default number of rings is four. You can change it at any time by dialling *94. Wait for three beeps, and then press the number corresponding to the number of rings you want.