How do I get onto the LTE network?
To get onto the LTE cellular network, you need a compatible device and SIM card. If you want to make calls and send and receive text messages on the network, you also need to enable the VoLTE feature.
What are the main advantages of LTE technology?
Compared to past generation networks, LTE technology offers the following improvements:
- Much faster download/upload speeds
- Better network response time
- End-to-end IP-based data transfer, including calls and text messages for VoLTE-enabled devices
That makes for a much more user-friendly experience with:
- Fluid mobile apps
- Excellent video quality (HD video uses 30 MB of data for every viewing minute, requiring fast download speeds)
- Quick webpage display
- Ability to share much larger files (i.e. videos)
- Fluid video chatting without interruptions
Benefits specific to the VoLTE feature
- Uninterrupted calling and texting when passing through an area where 3G is not available
- HD audio quality for calls between Videotron customers in Canada and the United States
- Much faster call routing
LTE network FAQs
Yes, you can use your own LTE device. However, you need an LTE SIM card and you must make sure your device is compatible with our network’s frequency spectrum. Videotron primarily uses band IV. Before ordering your SIM card, you should visit a store and speak with a sales associate who will check whether or not your device is compatible with our LTE network.