What is the reason I have no network?
The absence of network on your mobile can be explained by several factors:
- You are in an area where network coverage is low or non-existent, or your SIM card no longer receives the network.
- The settings on your device have been changed unintentionally, blocking network access.
- Data linked to your Mobile plan has been blocked
Good to know
If there is no network on your phone, the first thing to do is to turn your device off and then turn it on again. As simple as it is, this can sometimes be helpful.
I don’t get any network on my mobile phone. What can I do?
To regain access to your mobile network and restore your services, you need to do several checks on your device.
Check the signal from your phone
- Check if the “Airplane” mode is activated because it disables all connections
- Check if your phone indicates that you have a mobile network. Here is the list of login credentials that may appear at the top of your mobile phone screen:
- G : GPRS connection (General Packet Radio Service)
- E : EDGE connection (Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution)
- 3G : 3G connection
- H (HSPA) : 3.5G connection
- H+ / HSPA+ DC : 4G connection (High Speed Packet Access) / (High Speed Packet Access Dual-Cell)
- 5G: 5G connection
- LTE : LTE connection (Long Term Evolution)
- LTE+ : LTE Advanced connection with carrier aggregation, the device uses several LTE frequencies at the same time to achieve faster speed
Check if you have a SIM card message incorrectly inserted
Restart your device
Check your phone’s settings
- Make sure that the “Airplane” mode is turned off
- Verify that your data isn’t blocked directly on your device
- Verify that mobile data roaming is turned on
- If you have an Android device, check if there is a power limit on your device
- Verify the APN (Access Point Names) configuration. It is set by default on phones purchased from Videotron. If there is still a problem, you can contact us to restore your default settings. If you have a device from another supplier, you will have to contact Technical Support to do a manual configuration.
To make the right manipulations, find our interactive tutorials and refer to the user guide of your device.