What is Wi-Fi Calling?
Wi-Fi Calling enables you to make calls and text using a Wi-Fi network. A great way to overcome mobile signal reception problems or to minimize roaming charges abroad. This service enables you to communicate without using apps like Skype, WhatsApp or Messenger.
If you’re abroad and need to contact emergency services, use traditional cellular or telephone services. Don’t use Wi-Fi, because emergency services won’t to pinpoint your geographic location.
How do I use Wi-Fi Calling?
To use the Wi‑Fi Calling service¹, you must:
- Own a compatible device with the Wi‑Fi Calling service. Verify the device’s compatibility in the list below.
- Have a VoLTE SIM card and a compatible device with the VoLTE feature. Verify if your mobile is compatible with VoLTE.
- Activate the VoLTE feature and the Wi‑Fi Calling option on your mobile using our Interactive guides and demos.
Good to know
Checking your phone’s compatibility with Wi-Fi Calling
Wi-Fi Calling is available on the following phones:
Galaxy A52 5G
Galaxy A32 5G
Galaxy A5 (2017)
Galaxy J3 Prime (2017)
Galaxy J3 Top (2018)
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Galaxy Note 10+
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy Note 8
Galaxy S21 5G
Galaxy S21+ 5G
Galaxy S21FE 5G
Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
Galaxy S20 5G
Galaxy S20+ 5G
Galaxy S20 FE 5G
Galaxy S20 FE
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
Galaxy S7 Edge
Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
Galaxy Z Flip 5G
Galaxy Z Flip
Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
Galaxy Z Fold2
Enabling Wi-Fi Calling
- Make sure you have a Wi-Fi connection on your device and that you’re on Videotron’s mobile network.
- Enable Wi-Fi Calling in your mobile device settings.
- Add an emergency address.
- Once activated, the network’s name will change to Videotron Wi-Fi.
If you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling based on your phone’s model, follow our interactive demos on the devices page.
Wi-Fi Calling billing
By the minute
When you use Wi-Fi Calling, the minutes included in your Mobile plan count. If your plan does not include unlimited minutes, there will be charges associated with the use of excess minutes. Using Wi-Fi Calling for video calls uses Internet data consumption.
Local and long-distance calls
Wi-Fi Calling and text messaging are included in your plan in the following cases:
- All incoming calls, regardless of the country you’re visiting.
- Outgoing calls to Canada.
- Incoming and outgoing text (SMS), photo and video (MMS) messages (SMS), regardless of the country you’re visiting.
- Outgoing calls to someone in the same country as you, if it is on the list of eligible countries.
Albania, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentine Republic, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakstan, Lao, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Martinique, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint-Martin, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Trinidad and, Tobago, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Vatican City State, Vietnam
Long distance call fees apply in the following cases²:
- Outgoing calls to someone in the same country as you for countries not included in the above list.
- Outgoing calls to someone in a different country than you, other than Canada.
- Outgoing calls from Canada to one of the following countries: International long-distance fees on mobile.
Warning: If you dial 9-1-1 with the Wi-Fi Calling service, emergency services will not be able to determine your location and will be dispatched to the address registered in your device, it's important to ensure it is up to date.
In case of emergency, it is preferable to use traditional cellular or telephone services, use Wi-Fi Calling only as a last resort.
2 If you have a mobile plan limited to Quebec, long-distance charges will apply for an outbound call outside of Quebec.