What does porting your number mean?
Porting enables a user to change mobile service providers while keeping their current phone number.
Some fraudsters take advantage of the porting process to steal a phone number and get a hold of some of the user’s personal information.
Porting procedure from another service provider to Videotron
When porting your phone number from a given service provider to Videotron, an additional security check is required to confirm the transfer.
Here’s the security procedure:
- You subscribe to a Videotron Business Mobile plan and say that you want to keep your current phone number.
- Videotron Business requests the number transfer from your old provider.
- Your old provider then sends you a number transfer confirmation request by text.
- You have 90 minutes after receiving the request to confirm that you’ve made the transfer request.
- Once the port request is confirmed, the line will be ready for activation on the transferred number.
Good to know
Procedure for porting from Videotron to a new service provider
When porting your phone number from Videotron to a new service provider, an additional security check is required to confirm the transfer.
The security procedure is as follows:
- You subscribe to a given service provider’s mobile plan and say that you want to keep your current phone number.
- This new provider sends a number transfer request to Videotron.
- Videotron then sends you a number transfer confirmation request by text.
- You have until the day and time mentioned in the request to respond YES or NO to the transfer request.
- If you answer is YES, confirming the porting request, Videotron will send you a receipt confirmation, and the line will be ready for activation on the transferred number.
- If you answer NO, Videotron will invite you to contact your new provider for more information.
Good to know
FAQ about porting
If you accepted a porting request in error, contact our Customer Service as soon as possible to stop the transfer process.
If it’s a phone number error, the request will be restarted with the correct number.