What must I do to transfer my mobile phone number to Videotron Business?
First and foremost, do not cancel your current contract, since only active phone numbers can be transferred to a new provider. Then, make sure to follow, step by step, the porting procedure of your services to Videotron:
- When you subscribe to a Videotron Mobile plan, just say that you want to keep your current phone number.
- Wait for Videotron to request the number transfer from your old provider.
- Approve the number transfer confirmation request that you receive by text from your old provider.
- You have 90 minutes after receiving the request to confirm that you’ve made the transfer request.
- Once the port request is confirmed, the line will be ready for activation on the transferred number.
Good to know
When my number is transferred to my new mobile phone?
You got two options when you want to transfer your phone number:
- If you obtain your mobile phone from a Videotron store, the transfer will be instantaneous. Your number will be transferred as soon as your mobile phone is handed over to you and you have confirmed the transfer.
- If you obtain your mobile phone from Videotron Business Customer Service, it will be mailed to you via Canada Post. In this case, you may only be able to make calls when you receive your parcel. If you wish to complete activation of your Mobile service before the system automatically does it for you over the next few days, you can activate it yourself by calling 1 877 477-5757 (toll-free).