What is Videotron’s Voicemail service?
Videotron Voicemail allows you to decide how your calls are managed, even when your mobile is turned off. Available to all Videotron Mobility users, it gives your contacts the opportunity to be redirected to your voicemail when you can’t answer. A free text message is sent when you have new voicemail messages. You can access these messages from your mobile or even from another phone.
Good to know
With Videotron Voicemail, you can store up to 35 voicemail messages for as long as you want.
How do I set up my voicemail?
To use Videotron Voicemail, you must first set it up:
- Press and hold 1 to access your Voicemail.
- Enter your temporary Personal Identification Number (PIN). This number will be the last four digits of your mobile phone number, followed by 99# (e.g., if your phone number is 514 281-1711, enter 171199#).
- Create a new PIN (it must be 4 to 15 digits).
- Record your name by following the prompts, and note that the recording will cut off after 30 seconds.
- Record your greeting message by following the prompts. The greeting message can be up to three minutes long.
Your voicemail is now ready to automatically receive messages from your contacts!
You can access your voicemail without having to enter your PIN by activating the Personal Identification Number (PIN) skip option in your voicemail menu. However, it is recommended that the PIN be used for security and confidentiality reasons.
Voicemail with multiple features
You get many options with Videotron’s Voicemail service.
Change the Call Forwarding Delay
You can choose how many times the phone rings before the call gets sent to voicemail.
Bon à savoir
If you are using VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling, the phone rings 4 times by default and it cannot be modified.
To change the delay for forwarding calls to voicemail:
- Dial **61*.
- Dial +1-514-424-2302 (for the +, hold down the 0 for a few seconds).
- Then dial *11.
- Press the * key and enter the number of seconds for the desired delay (e.g., *15).
- Press the # key and then the phone icon to save the change.
Attention : The number of seconds must be a multiple of 5 (5-10-15-20-25-30 seconds), for a minimum of 5 seconds and a maximum of 30 seconds.
Sending a single message to all your contacts
With Videotron Voicemail, you can send a single message to a list of contacts if you subscribe to Voicemail Plus. Just create a list of contacts and your message will be sent to their voicemail without their phone ringing. Note that you can create up to three lists with up to ten contacts each, but the contacts must be subscribed to Videotron’s Voicemail service.
If you are using an iPhone, you can also take advantage of Visual Voicemail, a feature that allows you to view the list of received messages. Find out how to activate Visual Voicemail.