Good to know
For the time being, Videotron customers only have access to the Live Voicemail feature in Canada, in English. The feature cannot be used while travelling in the United States or other countries. Apple plans to support French at a later date.
What is Live Voicemail?
Live Voicemail provides users with a real-time transcription of the voice messages they receive. They can reply immediately or leave the message in their voicemail. The feature is enabled by default on compatible devices.
Note: When Live Voicemail is enabled, Videotron Voicemail no longer handles messages.
How do I use Live Voicemail?
- When you receive a call, tap the Answering Machine button.
- The caller will leave a message that goes directly to your voicemail.
- Live Voicemail will automatically transcribe the message in writing.
For more information on using Live Voicemail, see Apple technical support.
How to enable or disable Live Voicemail
First, make sure your mobile device language is set to English (Canada or USA), otherwise the option will not appear in the menu.
The feature is enabled by default in iOS 17.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Phone, then Live Voicemail.
- Drag the button to the right (On) or left (Off) to enable or disable the feature.
Which iPhone models support Live Voicemail?
All models that can be updated to the iOS 17 operating system support Live Voicemail. According to Apple, this includes the following models:
- iPhone 14/14 Plus/14 Pro/14 Pro Max and newer models
- iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro/13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12/12 mini/12 Pro/12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS/XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2020) et iPhone SE (2022)