How to activate my SIM card?
There are three options to activate your SIM card.
If you have a new phone number
Activate your SIM card in just one easy step: insert the SIM card into your mobile device and it will activate automatically.
If you’re keeping your current phone number
- Call our toll-free automated activation service at: 1-833-657-5507.
- Choose option 9, then option 1, and follow the instructions.
If you have transferred your mobile number from another provider
You can finalize your mobile activation by phone or online.
By automated call:
- Dial 1-877-477-5757.
- Choose option 1 and follow the instructions.
- Log into your Customer Centre.
- In the Mobile section, click Complete your Mobile activation.
How to install my SIM card?
To easily install the SIM card in your device, follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is powered off.
- Insert the SIM card ejector tool or the tip of a paper clip into the hole in the SIM card holder and press until the holder opens.
- Remove the holder from the device and carefully place the SIM card inside. Line up the card’s tapered corner with the holder’s tapered corner.
- Insert the holder back into the device and push firmly until it closes completely.
What are the different SIM card formats?
Three card formats are compatible with Videotron mobile devices:
- Mini SIM
- Micro SIM
- Nano SIM
The mini SIM card is considered the standard format. Not to be confused with the first-generation SIM card, which was the size of a credit card! The mini format is the second generation.
Today, all mobile phones sold by Videotron are compatible with the nano SIM card.
If you have doubts about which SIM card format is right for your device, before detaching it, enter Support followed by your device model in the search bar at the top of the page to find its technical data sheet and user guide, or contact Customer Service.
What is an eSIM card?
Attention : Videotron currently does not provide support for eSIM card usage.
The eSIM, or embedded SIM, is a tiny chip installed in a mobile device that performs the same functions as a standard SIM card.
The eSIM is 60 times smaller than the nano SIM card and can be welded into any mobile device, such as a smartphone, connected watch, connected computer, or tablet. It is standardized by recognized industry organizations.
Here are some benefits of using an eSIM card:
- New ultra-flat and waterproof device designs due to the need for less physical space and the lack of a slot for a standard SIM card
- Ability to connect new types of devices
- Higher number of connected devices per user
- Improved customer experience through the digitization of the mobile plan subscription process
- Simplified logistics for mobile operators
Can I use a Dual SIM device with Videotron?
Attention : At this time, we don’t support the Dual SIM feature. Our support is limited to ensuring the proper functioning of Videotron’s SIM card. This situation is expected to change.
A Dual SIM mobile device can operate two SIM cards simultaneously, thus allowing for two numbers and services from two different providers to be used on the same device.
As a Videotron Mobile customer, you can test the Dual SIM feature if you have a compatible device. For example, you could try to add a standard SIM card or an eSIM card from a different provider to the one you already have with us. However, please note that we cannot guarantee the proper functioning of the second SIM card or provide support for it.