How to activate my SIM card?
There are two options to activate your SIM card.
If you have a new phone number
Activate your SIM card in just one easy step: insert the SIM card into your mobile device and it will activate automatically.
If you’re keeping your current phone number
- Call our toll-free automated activation service at: 1-833-657-5507.
- Insert the SIM card into your mobile device.
Good to know
If you transferred your phone number from another service provider, you can activate your SIM card in your Customer Centre. Simply go to the Mobile section and click on Finalize your mobile activation.
How to install my SIM card?
To easily install the SIM card in your device, follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is powered off.
- Insert the SIM card ejector tool or the tip of a paper clip into the hole in the SIM card holder and press until the holder opens.
- Remove the holder from the device and carefully place the SIM card inside. Line up the card’s tapered corner with the holder’s tapered corner.
- Insert the holder back into the device and push firmly until it closes completely.
What are the different SIM card formats?
Three card formats are compatible with Videotron phones:
- Micro SIM
- Nano SIM
Note that SIM and Micro SIM cards are now offered together. To install one of these cards in your phone, simply select the one whose format is compatible with your device. You must detach it and insert it into your phone. If you are not sure which SIM card format is right, enter Support followed by your device model in the search bar at the top of the page to find its technical data sheet and user guide.
If you have doubts about which SIM card format is right for your device, before detaching it, contact Customer Service.
What is an eSIM card?
Attention : Currently, Videotron does not provide support for eSIM card usage.
The eSIM card is a smaller version of the regular SIM card and has the same functionality. However, a key difference is that it’s welded to the mobile device’s motherboard and cannot be removed.
Here are some advantages of using an eSIM card:
- The extra space gained due to its smaller size lets you install a larger battery, for example
- Your device’s durability and impermeability are improved due to the lack of a SIM card tray
- Data stored on an eSIM card may be edited, making it easier to change a phone number or service provider
- In case of loss or theft, the eSIM card renders the device unusable
Can I use a Dual SIM device with Videotron?
Attention : No devices currently sold by Videotron support the Dual SIM feature, as available devices either can’t hold two SIM cards or don’t have the software to operate two cards. The support offered by Videotron is limited to ensuring the proper functioning of the SIM card provided.
A Dual SIM mobile device can operate two SIM cards simultaneously, thus allowing for two numbers and services from two different providers to be used on the same device.
As a Videotron Mobility customer, you could use the Dual SIM feature in the following cases:
- You own a device sold by Videotron that supports the eSIM feature (recent iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S, and Google Pixel devices), which can possibly work with another service provider’s eSIM and Videotron’s SIM card
- You’ve had your own Dual SIM-compatible device activated at Videotron, which can possibly work in Dual SIM mode