What can I do if my point-to-point circuit is slow or out of order.
- Make sure that no changes have been made to the configuration settings on your equipment in relation to our router.
- Make sure that the equipment is not in “Autoconfig” mode and that the settings on your equipment are the same as they were in your original request: either operating at full- or half-duplex mode (10Mbps, 100 Mbps or 1 Gbps).
- Check the level of traffic on your circuit to make sure the bandwidth isn’t saturated.
- Make sure that your equipment and Videotron’s are properly plugged in at both access points. If needed, call Hydro-Québec at 1-800-790-2424 to check if there’s a blackout on the network.
- To avoid an unnecessary visit by our technician, and possible charges, do an end-to-end test to try to determine if the problem is coming from the Videotron network or your own setup.
An electrical power failure has occurred and my service appears to be out of order even though the power is back on. What can I do?
Check that all the lights on the Videotron equipment in your premises are on. If they aren’t, make sure there is power in the outlet the equipment is plugged into—by plugging in a lamp and seeing if it turns on, for instance.
If the monitors are on, contact Technical Support. Advanced equipment is sometimes sensitive to power outages. We’ll take you through the steps you need to follow before resetting any device.
My BGP sessions are unstable. What can I do?
It’s possible that the type of circuit used, and not the BGP session, may be causing the problem. The BGP protocol is sensitive, and a connection can be interrupted if the circuit isn’t right. Contact Technical Support for a more thorough verification.