SuperG3 fax machines
SuperG3 fax machines (AKA high speed fax or 33.6Kbps fax) are known to not function properly over VOIP networks. This issue is industry wide and not specific to Videotron Cloud Telephony. The symptoms of this issue are blurry pages, mid call fax drops or complete fax failure.
In some cases where a SuperG3 fax machine communicates with a non SuperG3 fax machine, fax calls could complete properly, because the lower speed fax machine causes the SuperG3 machine to throttle down to a lower speed. As a result, problems with SuperG3 fax machines could appear to be intermittent. If you have a SuperG3 fax machine, it must be configured to transmit and receive at 14.4Kbps. If the machine speed cannot be reconfigured, it may not be supportable over IP. In such case, we recommend a traditional Cable Telephony line for your fax machine.
Receive faxes by email
You can also receive faxes by email or download them in the User Portal.
You can also enable each user to receive individual faxes or assign a single number to receive faxes. Therefore, you must acquire the correct number required Videotron telephone numbers.
- Go to the My Site section of the Administrator Portal and select the User Functions tab from the menu located over the Welcome to My Site header.
- From the side menu, select Unified Messaging. Double-click on ‘username’.
- In the Fax Messaging section, select Activate.
- Select a telephone number; this number must be available and not already assigned to a user. If you want to use internal numbering (for example four-digit numbering), you must assign an extension.
- In the Message Storage section, you must select either System Inbox or External Inbox. With the System Inbox, faxes can be received by email or downloaded into the User Portal. With the External Inbox, faxes are sent by email. Enter the user’s email address, or a shared email address if several users use the same fax number.
It is not possible to receive faxes both by email and via the User Portal.
Be notified when a fax arrives
You can be notified when a voicemail or fax arrives. Go to Additional Settings and select Be Notified When a New Message is Received, then click on the desired notification mode (text message or email). The fax WILL NOT be attached to the notification. Enter the mobile phone number or email address.