Videotron Business is known for the reliability of its network and Internet accesses. Nevertheless, the proper functioning of Videotron Business Internet network is linked to many parameters, and several factors can affect the availability of the service and your connection speed. Various conditions, such as a power failure, deteriorating weather conditions, or a wire connection problem are often the cause of sudden or recurring Internet outages.
If your Internet service is not working, consult the following section in order to make the necessary verifications on your company’s devices and Internet network.
Checking the basics
- Make sure that all cables connected to your Helix Fi gateway, or to your modem and router, are properly and securely plugged.
- Visit a few websites or apps to make sure the problem isn’t caused by a specific app or website.
- Check if the problem occurs on all devices to ensure the issue is not related to a specific device.
- If only one device is affected, make sure Wi-Fi is enabled and your device is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Restart your devices (computers, tablets, cell phones, etc.). This may be all it takes to solve the connection issue.
- The problem still hasn’t been resolved? Restarting your gateway or router might do the trick.
Important : If you have connection issues with a device connected with a network cable (Ethernet), try using another Ethernet cable and a different LAN port, at the back of your router.
Restarting the router or the modem
- Unplug the power cable from your terminal, router or modem, wait a minute and plug it back in.
Restarting the modem using the Reset button
Restart your modem if you plug a new device (e.g., a computer or router) into its Ethernet socket, so that it recognizes it and assigns it an IP address. Restarting can also be a solution if you have a connection issue.
- Locate the (Reset) button at the back of the modem.
- Push and hold the tip of a pencil or paper clip in it for three seconds.
- Wait for the modem to reset.
Restarting your devices may take a few minutes. During that time, you won’t be able to connect to the Internet or stream videos.
FAQ about Internet connection issues
The website you are trying to access may be down.