Checks to make when there is an issue with the picture or sound
When there is an issue with the picture or sound of your illico terminal, you can perform certain routine checks.
- Turn off your devices.
- Turn on your TV, wait 5 seconds, and then turn on your terminal.
- Check the connection between your terminal and your TV. Make sure the coaxial cable is screwed firmly behind the terminal and at the other end.
- Note which input your terminal is plugged into on your TV.
- Press the Source button on your illico remote control and ensure that the previously noted input is selected. If necessary, use your TV’s original remote control.
- If there is no sound at all, press the MUTE key to check if your TV is in mute mode.
How to fix an image issue
- Check that the terminal menus, such as the Program Guide, are visible. If so restart the terminal.
- Test and connect your terminal to another HDMI input on your TV and, if possible, with another HDMI cable.
- Perform an electrical restart of your TV.
- Check with another terminal and TV, if possible.
- Watch the video for the procedure to fix an image issue.
How to restart the illico terminal?
How to fix an audio issue
- Make sure the volume on your equipment is working (TV, home theatre, etc.).
- With a home theatre, plug the terminal directly into the television and check for sound.
- Check the terminal’s audio settings by testing the different audio formats. To do so, select Volume Control and then On TV.
- Unplug the TV, wait a few seconds and then plug it in again. Turn on the TV.
- If the problem persists after completing the previous steps, restart the terminal.
- Watch the video for the procedure on how to fix an audio issue.