How do I fix issues with sending or receiving emails?
To fix issues with sending or receiving emails, we suggest that you complete the following order:
- Log in to Webmail first, then make sure there’s space left in your inbox. This information can be found at the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
- From Webmail, try sending a message to your own address. If you receive the message, there’s an issue with the messaging software or account setup.
- Check if there’s an error in the concerned email account’s setup (e.g., choice of email server, password).
- Reset the email account’s password from the Customer Centre. Update the messaging software and try again.
- Delete and reset the email account in the messaging software. Try sending a message again.
Important : For POP account holders, this action may permanently delete your saved emails.
Good to know
Setting up your devices with both POP and IMAP protocols may cause some issues. If your computer is set up for POP and you have another device using IMAP (smartphone, tablet, etc.), you might get the impression that your emails are disappearing.
If you download your emails locally to your computer using the POP protocol, you will no longer be able to view them on another device, since they will no longer be on Videotron’s server, but rather directly on your device.
To avoid this type of situation, we recommend that you set up all your devices using the IMAP protocol. For more information, refer to Better understand POP and IMAP messaging protocols.