How to use the Mobile Internet Key?
Learn how to easily install your Mobile Internet Key using the Quick Start Guide.
How do I install the Connection Manager for the Huawei E372 and E1831 Mobile Internet Keys using Windows 8?
The automatic installation of the Connection Manager, which comes with the Huawei E372 and E1831 Mobile Internet Keys, requires a few extra steps with computers operating on Windows 8.
- Enable the automatic installation:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click AutoPlay.
- Under Software, select Install or run program from your media from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Change the “thumbnail” display mode to “standard” display mode:
- Click the Desktop thumbnail in the bottom right-hand corner of the thumbnail window.
- Plug the Huawei E372 or E1831 Mobile Internet Key into one of your computer’s USB ports.
- Follow the installation instructions.
Note that manual installation of the Connection Manager follows the same procedure as for Windows 8.
- Plug the Mobile Internet Key into your computer’s USB port.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Launch the installation of the Connection Manager by clicking on the media associated with the Key.
Mac OS X 10.10 or hight does not recognize my LTE Mobile Internet Key. What should I do?
- Download HiLink.zip.
- Extract the HiLink.zip file.
- The unzipped file will contain a HiLink file. Click on it.
Your computer might ask if you want to install a different version of the application. If so, click on Yes.
Your Mac will ask you for your password in order to make the appropriate changes. Enter your username and password, then click on OK.
Once the changes have been made, your computer will recognize the Mobile LTE Key and your browser will open to the following page, indicating that you are now connected to the Videotron network.
How to use the Mobile Wi-Fi?
Good to know
Your password appears on the sticker under the cover on the back of the device. It consists of an eight-digit number by default.
FAQ about Mobile Internet
Videotron’s Mobile Internet service automatically operates on the Videotron network and on that of its partners in most of Québec and in the Ottawa region.
If you wish to use the service outside the area covered by this network, please contact Customer Service to activate this option.
Make sure you are within a Videotron coverage zone and check your signal reception. Several factors can affect the quality of your Internet signal.
The Mobile Internet Key can be used for several compatible computers. Total usage will be deducted from the data included in your monthly plan.
Yes, a Micro SD card can be added. This optional accessory is not included with your device. Micro SD cards up to 32 GB are supported.