Refurbished cellphones: a wise choice
Whether economic or environmental, there are several good reasons to offer a second life to a cellphone. Videotron offers a vast selection of devices at affordable prices, payable in 1 or 24 payments.
When you purchase a refurbished device, you can pay in two different ways, with certain conditions:
- With the Simplified Payment option (24 payments): the activation of a new Mobile plan is required. A minimal monthly payment may be required for the plan, according to the chosen device.
- Without the Simplified Payment option (one-time payment): you can activate the device with an existing Mobile plan or with a new Mobile plan.
30-day satisfaction warranty
The 30-day satisfaction warranty only applies to a new Mobile plan, following its activation.
You have 30 days after activating the service to terminate the agreement and get a refund of the service fee and purchase costs.
Conditions for eligibility for the 30-day satisfaction warranty:
- Have used the call time and data included in your monthly Mobile plan up to a maximum of 50% (or 100% if you are a person with a disability), unless these options are unlimited.
- Return the device and its accessories in their original packaging, in almost new condition.
Videotron refurbished warranty
If you purchased a refurbished device and it turns out to be defective, a 90-day warranty applies. As soon as you notice a defect in the state of your cellphone, contact us before the end date of the Videotron refurbished warranty that begins on the activation date of the device or on the purchase date of the device if the activation is made more than 30 days after purchase.
The Videotron refurbished warranty doesn’t apply if the device is broken or defective for any of the following reasons:
- An accident
- A case of force majeure
- Modified equipment without our permission
- Misuse of the device or equipment
Any accessories included with a refurbished phone, whether new or used, might not be the original ones and are not covered by the warranty.
Frequently asked questions about refurbished devices
¹ Battery life may vary depending on prior usage. Refurbished devices have not been repaired, remanufactured, or refurbished by the original manufacturers.