The Weather Network app
The Weather app provides accurate, up-to-date weather forecasts. You can quickly access local weather, long-term forecasts, and even customize information based on where you live and your viewing preferences. You can also add or remove locations and display the temperature, precipitation, and wind speed in your preferred unit of measurement.
Accessing the Weather Network app
To launch the Weather Network app, press the HELIX key on your remote control, scroll down to Apps and select Weather Network in the Daily Life section.
You can also access it via the Weather Network channel. Go to channel 21 or use voice command and say “Weather Network.” A notification in the lower right-hand corner of the screen will prompt you to press the middle key of your remote control to switch to the Weather Network app.
Using the Weather Network app
The app’s home screen provides real-time information about the weather in Québec.
Use the up arrow on your remote’s navigation pad to bring up a banner at the bottom of the screen showing your local weather. Hide the banner using the down arrow.
Access the menu by pressing the left arrow on your remote. You will access the following tabs:
- Live TV: The app’s default home screen.
- Videos: A ton of categorized on-demand videos featuring the latest major weather events around the world.
- Weather: Detailed weather forecast for the selected location, with the option to see the hourly, 36-hour, or 14-day forecast.
- Photos: The best photos sent by Internet users and sorted by category.
- Search: A virtual keyboard to search for new locations, with results starting to show after you enter three letters.
- Settings: Sections to change the units of measurement and the language, as well as information about the app under About.
Customizing the Weather Network app
To change or add a location
- Go to the Weather tab in the main menu.
- Select the city name at the top of the screen to view the other saved locations or select the + icon to access the Search tab and add a new location to your list.
You can also go directly to the Search tab from the main menu to add a location to your list. You can edit the order of the locations whichever way you prefer. The location at the top of the list will become the app’s default location.
To change the language
- From the main menu, go to Settings.
- Select Language.
- Choose between French, English, Spanish, German, Italian, or Portuguese.
To change the units of measurement
- From the main menu, go to Settings.
- Select Measurement.
- Choose Temperature, Precipitation, or Wind.
- Select the desired unit of measurement.
Do you always start the day by consulting stock market prices? Now you can do this on your TV!
Access the Stocks App
Launch the Stocks app by pressing the HELIX button on your voice remote, accessing the Apps section of the menu and selecting Stocks in the Daily Life section.
Using the Stocks App
This gives you access to two categories: Your Shares and Performing Shares. Simply use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the shares and press the centre button to view the details. You even have access to news articles related to the shares.
Customize your Stocks App
To add a stock to the Your Shares list, scroll down using the down arrow and select Add a Share. Then spell the share’s ticker or the name of the company using the left and right arrow buttons to highlight each letter. When a result that matches your search is displayed on the screen, select it using the centre button. A message is displayed to confirm that the stock has been added to your list.
To remove a stock from your list, go to Your Shares and scroll through the list until you find the stock you want to delete. Select it and press once on the right arrow to highlight the X icon. Press the centre button. A message is displayed asking if you really want to remove the stock. Select Delete and confirm your selection. The stock will then be removed from the Your Shares list.