Sport on Helix TV
The Sports menu of TV Listings shows you the TV Listings for all live channels included in your package. The Sports channels are: ESPN Classic Canada, Fox Sports Racing, Golf Channel, MLB Network, NBA TV Canada, NFL Network, RDS, RDS2, Sportsnet, The Fight Netclub, MAVTV, The Sports Network (TSN) and TVA Sports.
Good to know
The Sports Zone splits teams by league (NFL, NBA, NHL, etc.) or sport (soccer, golf, tennis, etc.). Click More to the right of the leagues to access the full list of sports: mixed martial arts, professional wrestling, volleyball, rugby, etc.
Helix TV features sporting events, sports shows, documentaries and movies. Simply select “On Demand” from the Helix menu (Home). Various options will be available: Trending, Canadian teams, etc.
Reminders and recordings
You can check the schedule of upcoming games and set a reminder to watch the game live. Won’t be available when it airs? Record the game and watch it later. That way, you can join in on all the sports talk.
The Sports app
The Sports app lets you see the results of games in progress, view the schedule of upcoming games and access wealth of sports information live while you watch different content on TV! No more waiting for the end of a broadcast to know whether your favourite team is winning or losing an important game!
The app also has special designs for big events.
Access the Sports app
There are various ways to launch the Sports app:
- You can press the button on the voice remote and say “Sports app”.
- While watching TV, you can press the button on your voice remote. The app opens on the right side of your screen without displaying the Guide.
- You can also open the Guide by pressing the button on your voice remote and accessing the Apps section where you can select the Sports app.
Good to know
Use the voice remote’s left and right arrows to select a league. Press the up and down arrows to select a game.
Using the Sports app
Once you’re in the app, you can filter what you want to display by choosing from various menu options, including On now, Upcoming, or by scrolling the names of sports conferences and leagues until you reach what you want (NBA Extras, NCAAB Extras, Soccer Extras, MLB Extras, NCAAF Football Extras or NFL Extras, for example).
While continuing to watch TV, you can then display:
- Scores for all games played earlier that day
- Games in progress
- Upcoming games
- Live coverage
- Information, analysis and post-game summaries
Voice commands with Sports app
When is the next game of your favourite team? Use voice command to find a wealth of information on various sports, leagues, games, teams and more.
Possible voice commands:
- Montreal Canadiens
- CF Montreal Statistics
- Toronto Blue Jays Schedule
- NHL Ranking
Add sports teams to your Favourites
Access more quickly to all team’s data by adding your favourite sport teams to your Favourites.
- In the Sports app, select a league and a game in which your favourite team is playing using the remote arrows and confirm.
- Press the centre button to open the Favourites window.
- Select your team and confirm.
- Select Done. A notification will be displayed to indicate that the team has been added to your Favourites.
FAQ about using Sports app
This information has been removed from the Sports app as part of an evolution of the app to offer integration of a wider variety of sports, leagues and teams.