Closed captioning, also known as captions for deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers, is the on-screen transcription of a show’s sound, including dialogue, narration and sound effects. Shows and films with captions indicate “CC” or “STC.”
You can easily access closed caption settings on all Helix platforms.
Enabling or disabling closed captioning on the Helix TV terminal
When you watch a program, you can change how closed captioning is displayed through a voice command, on the video control panel, or in the Accessibility Settings.
With the Voice control remote
Hold down and say “Closed captioning.”
While watching a program
- Press or the middle button on the remote control navigation pad.
- Select Closed Captioning or CC
In the Accessibility Settings
- Select Closed Captioning, then press the middle button on the navigation pad to enable or disable this function.
- If you enable closed captioning, you can change the display (size, colour and font) in the Closed Captioning Options.
- To select your own font, background and window style options, select Custom in the Style field. To select the default closed captioning style for optimal legibility, select the Auto style.
- Press and change channels to enable your changes.