Good to know
Videotron recommends changing the Wi-Fi routers’ default password during installation and changing it regularly to comply with best security practices. To effectively protect the Wi-Fi access, check out our tips to select a strong password.
To set up your Wi-Fi network with the New Generation Wi-Fi Router (ZyXel EMG2926), follow these steps:
- Go to 192.168.0.1.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click on eaZy123 at the top right of the page.
- Make sure the Internet type is Automatic – DHCP.
- In the Wireless Network section, change the network name and password.
- Click on the Modify the 5 GHz Wireless Network box to adjust the 5 GHz network configuration.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Wait for the changes to be applied.
How to change your router’s administrator password
For increased security, it is recommended to change the router administrator password during installation.
Warning : To change your router’s administrator password, the default username is “admin,” and there is no password.
User = admin
Password = leave blank
Procedure for changing the administrator password with a New Generation Wi-Fi Router (ZyXel EMG2926) provided by Videotron.
- Open a browser, type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar, and press Enter on the keyboard to access the router configuration pages.
- Enter the administrator password and click on Connect.
- Click on Expert Mode at the top of the page.
- Click the button in the top left corner to access the Maintenance section.
- Click on Accounts in the top left corner.
- Click on the Edit (pencil) icon under the Edit tab to change the password.
- Enter the current password, the new password, and the new password confirmation in the space provided. Click on Apply to save the changes.
Good to know
There is no support for changing the advanced router configurations. Videotron provides support only with the routers provided.