How to set up your Wi-Fi network with the New Generation Wi-Fi Router
To set up your Wi-Fi network with the New Generation Wi-Fi Router (ZyXel EMG2926), select the Videotron WiFi application for the procedure and follow the steps.
Are you a Helix Internet customer? Learn how to properly set up the Wi-Fi.
Videotron WiFi application
Choose your phone’s operating system (iOS or Android) and follow the procedure.
Good to know
Videotron recommends changing the Wi-Fi routers’ default password during installation and changing it regularly to comply with best security practices. To effectively protect the Wi-Fi access, check out our tips to select a strong password.
- Log in to the Videotron WiFi app. Your mobile device must be connected to your Wi-Fi network to access it.
- Tap the "i" icon on the right side of the screen to display router-specific information.
- Tap the Edit (pencil) icon in the upper right corner.
- Select one of the fields to edit the content.
- Click on the check mark in the upper right corner to save the changes.
If you can’t use the Videotron WiFi application, set up your Wi-Fi network following this procedure.
- Go to 192.168.0.1.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click on eaZy123 at the top right of the page.
- Make sure the Internet type is Automatic – DHCP.
- In the Wireless Network section, change the network name and password.
- Click on the Modify the 5 GHz Wireless Network box to adjust the 5 GHz network configuration.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Wait for the changes to be applied.
A restriction may result in the Wi-Fi password not being provided in full, as the display is limited.
- 14 characters on a mobile
- 29 characters on a tablet
- 15 characters on an iPhone
- 18 characters on an iPad
How to change your router’s administrator password
For increased security, it is recommended to change the router administrator password during installation.
Warning : To change your router’s administrator password, the default username is “admin,” and there is no password.
User = admin
Password = leave blank
Procedure for changing the administrator password with a D-Link DIR825 router provided by Videotron.
- Open a browser, type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar, and press Enter on the keyboard to access the router’s configuration pages.
- Enter the administrator password and click on Connection.
- Click on Tools at the top of the page.
- In the Admin Password section, enter the desired administrator password in the Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click on Save settings.
- Wait 15 seconds and the password change will be complete.
Good to know
There is no support for changing the advanced router configurations. Videotron provides support only with the routers provided.