With the Helix Fi app, manage the connected devices and the settings of the people connected to the network based on your preferences and family needs.
Never used the Helix Fi app before? Learn how to download and connect to it.
Identifying a device
The Helix Fi app allows you to see which devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network. If you don’t recognize the name of a device that has been detected, follow these steps:
- Go to the Devices section in the Helix Fi app’s Connect tab.
- Select the device from the list, then Device Details.
Only connected devices are displayed in the Devices section. To see offline devices, select Offline Devices at the bottom of the list.
From the Devices section of the Connect tab, you can rename devices, assign them an icon, link them to a profile, pause them, or delete them from the device list.
Personalizing and organizing devices
- Select the desired device, then tap the pencil icon at the top right to change the icon and name.
- Tap Assign Device to complete the configuration.
Pausing a device blocks it from accessing the Internet when connected to your home network.
- Select the device you want to pause.
- Select Pause Device. You can pause it for a specific amount of time or indefinitely, until you choose to unpause the device manually.
If you try to go online with a paused device, a message will state that the site cannot be reached or that the device is not connected.
Good to know
Paused devices may still access local network peripherals (like printers), the mobile data network, and other wireless Internet networks.
Unpausing a device
Paused devices appear first in the Devices section of the Connect tab.
- Select the paused device, then select Unpause Device.
- If the device is paused because it’s in Downtime Schedule, select Wake Up. This will unpause all devices in Downtime Schedule assigned to this profile.
Deleting a device
To delete a device from the list and its network activity history:
- Disconnect the device from the home network.
- Select the name of the device you want to remove.
- Select Device Details, then Forget Device.
If the device reconnects to your network, it will appear as a new device.
Warning: Deleting a device will not prevent it from reconnecting to the network. To block Wi-Fi access to a device, it must be paused.
Managing people connected to the network
From the People tab, you can add people to the Helix Fi app and associate devices with them to easily manage their access to the network.
- Select Add Person.
- Choose a name and icon, then tap Add Person.
Assigning devices to a person
- Select a person’s tile.
- Tap Assign Devices, check the devices you want to assign, and tap Assign Devices.
Configuring a person’s access
- Select the desired person’s tile.
- Tap the icon at the top right to:
- Set up inactivity time ranges during which the person’s devices will not be able to access your home’s Wi-Fi.
- Set a daily activity limit after which the person’s devices will not be able to access your home’s Wi-Fi (an alert will also be sent to you when the limit has been reached).
- Turn the Active Time Details feature to start seeing the active time of 100+ top-ranked apps across the person's devices when connected to your network.
- Enable or disable Parental Control to restrict access to unwanted or adult apps and sites.
Manually pausing all devices of a person
You can easily block all the devices linked to an account from accessing the Internet by selecting Pause All, for a specific amount of time (e.g., 30 minutes or an hour) or indefinitely, until you unpause them manually.
Changing your network’s name and password
You can easily rename your Wi-Fi network and change your password.
- Go to the Connect tab and tap the current name of your network.
- Tap the pencil icon at the top right and enter the new name or password in the corresponding fields.
- Press Apply to confirm the change.
FAQ about managing Helix Wi-Fi
Your device may be paused or in Downtime Schedule mode. Check its connection status:
- Go to the Devices section in the Connect tab.
- Select Offline Devices at the bottom of the list.
- Find your device and check the connection indicator:
- Pause symbol: The device is paused and cannot access the home network. See how to manage pausing a device.
- Crescent moon: The device is in Downtime Schedule mode and cannot access the home network. See how to manage Downtime Schedule.
- If neither indicator is displayed, see how to connect your devices to Helix Wi-Fi.
The Helix TV terminal can’t be paused. However, it is possible to set up Parental Control to restrict access to certain content and to set usage times.
Active time includes streaming music and videos, browsing, shopping, gaming, and downloading books, pictures, and videos. Other activities that are running in the background may count toward active time, like an app downloading an update, for example.
Internet access using mobile data, a public Helix Wi-Fi hotspot, or other available Wi-Fi networks will not count towards active time.
Other Internet access management options with Helix
Several other tools are available to ensure sound use of the Internet at home.
Enabling the Helix Fi Parental Control
Enabling the Active Time Details feature