What is Voicemail for iPhone?
Visual Voicemail is an iPhone feature that provides visual access to voicemail content. It enables you to select the message you want to listen to, without going through all of your voicemail messages.
Access to Visual Voicemail does not negate traditional voicemail access. You can still access it by tapping the 1 key on your phone.
Good to know
How do I enable Visual Voicemail on my iPhone?
To enable Visual Voicemail, you must create a password by accessing your voicemail and then record a greeting as follows:
- Access the Telephone app, select the Voicemail tab and tap Configure now.
- Select a password for your voicemail and tap Done.
- Confirm your password by re-entering it and tap Done.
- Select Custom if you wish to save a new greeting or Default if you don’t wish to edit your message. Tap Save.
A few minutes after activating your Visual Voicemail, you will need to restart your phone to enable the feature.
Bon à savoir
How do I listen to my messages with Visual Voicemail?
A dot on the Voicemail icon indicates the number of messages received that have not yet been heard. To listen to your messages, go to the Visual Voicemail, select a message and tap the read/pause button. You can fast forward or rewind the message by sliding the reading head. You can also transfer the sound to speakers and call the number where the message originated.
Voice messages can be up to five minutes long. When your voicemail is full, you can no longer receive new messages.
How do I save or delete my voice messages?
Voicemail messages left on your mobile are automatically saved in your Visual Voicemail. If you wish to delete a voicemail message, simply tap the Delete button. The message will be placed in the Deleted Messages folder, but will not be deleted from your voicemail (you can restore these messages later). To permanently delete messages, go to the Deleted Messages folder and select Clear All.
Why does my Visual Voicemail no longer work?
You may encounter some problems when using your Visual Voicemail. To fix the issue and listen to your messages, follow these steps:
- Make sure your mobile is up to date by accessing Settings > General > Information. If an iOS update is available, download it.
- Test your cellular network connection and reset network settings, if necessary, by pressing Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.
Important: This action will delete passwords associated with Wi-Fi connections, Bluetooth™ devices, and VPN configurations.
- Check that you have properly configured your voicemail by dialing your phone number and leaving a message, both from your mobile and from another device.
- If you have an extra plan on your mobile, switch over to it to test your first voicemail by leaving a message yourself.
- Check any missed messages by holding the 1 key on your keypad to call the voicemail.
Bon à savoir
Your Visual Voicemail on your mobile only works when the cellular connection is enabled. This results in data usage that is billed according to your plan and options. Even when Wi-Fi is enabled, your voicemail uses up mobile data.
Not yet a Videotron Mobility subscriber?
Our various mobile plans meet all types of needs and our ultravast, high-performance network lets you take full advantage of them!
Frequently asked questions about iPhone Visual Voicemail
No. At this time, this feature is available only on Apple devices.