Are you a Helix customer? See how to enable audio description on Helix TV.
Intended for people with visual impairment, audio description enables users to hear a description of what is happening onscreen.
Content that features audio description depends on the broadcasters.
Audio description is also called “video description”.
Enabling or disabling audio description on the illico TV New Generation terminal
While watching a program
- Press the green diamond D button on your remote to display the options.
- Using the arrows , select More options.
- Select Audio description.
- Select On or Off, as needed.
Good to know
You can also enable audio description by pressing the asterisk (**) button, followed by *EXIT on your illico TV New Generation remote (or by pressing the button, followed by EXIT on your simplified remote).
In the Accessibility Settings
- Press the yellow triangle A button on your remote to display the Settings and applications menu.
- Select Settings.
- Using the arrows , select Accessibility.
- Select Audio Accessibility.
- Select the Audio Description field, press OK/SELECT, and choose either On or Off, as needed.
Enabling or disabling audio description on the illico TV First Generation terminal
- Press your remote SETTINGS button twice to display the General Settings menu.
- Using the arrows , scroll down through the menu and select Audio: Described.
- Select Enable or Disable, as needed, then press OK/SELECT to confirm.