Videotron allows you to take concrete actions for the environment by giving your obsolete devices the second chance they deserve and possibly offering you a credit on the purchase of a new phone.
Bring your old devices to a Videotron store or send them by mail. Depending on their condition, your devices will either be refurbished, resold, or recycled. Learn more about our commitment.
Thank you for your contribution!
Here are the devices you can return to Videotron:
- Mobile phones and tablets
- Home phones
- Terminals, remote controls, routers, and modems
- Accessories (mobile Internet keys, cables, chargers, headphones, smart watches, etc.)
Before recycling mobile devices
Before you dispose of your mobile devices, you must:
- Recover your personal information by making a data backup.
- Clear your mobile device history and reset it by following your device’s procedure.
Want to recycle an iPhone?
Before bringing your iPhone to one of our We Recycle drop-off points, please make sure to deactivate the Find My iPhone feature and reset your device using Apple’s designated procedures.
Trading in a mobile phone to get a new one
Visit one of our stores to recycle an old mobile device and get a credit towards the purchase of a new device as part of the Mobile phone trade-in program. Find a store.
- You can trade in only one phone at a time
- Your phone must include the battery and its cover
- You can trade in your phone in-store only
- You must combine your trade-in with a 24-month subscription or renewal to a Videotron Mobile plan
Factors for assessing the value of the phone
- Model of the device
- Operation of the buttons and touch screen
- Presence of cracks on the screen or case
- Detection of damage from liquids
- Condition of the battery and cover
Recycling devices not eligible for trade-in with credit
Drop off your devices at a Videotron store to recycle them. Find a store.
Send your devices by mail by printing a return label. Enter the requested information, and a Planète Courrier representative will send you an email with the return slip and the options for return. Create your mail return label.
* The program does not cover rental equipment. To return rental equipment or devices under warranty, please go to a store or call 1-877-512-0911. Once submitted to the recycling program, devices can no longer be claimed. The program is available to Québec residents only.