The following procedures may differ slightly depending on the type of phone you have. For more detailed information on where to find buttons or configuration options specific to your mobile phone model, refer to our additional resources by selecting your device from the list.
Inserting your SIM card
You need to insert a SIM card into your phone to for it to be registered on the network and ensure it works properly. Let’s get started:
Warning: Your SIM card is delicate—handle it carefully. The SIM card may not work properly if it is folded, scratched, or comes into contact with water or dirt.
- Turn your device off.
- Insert the SIM card ejector tool or the tip of a paper clip into the hole in the SIM card holder and press until the holder opens.
- Remove the holder from the device and carefully place the SIM card inside. Line up the card’s tapered corner with the holder’s tapered corner.
- Insert the holder back into the device and push until it closes completely.
Good to know
The location of the SIM card holder varies by mobile phone model, but it is typically found on the side of the device. On older Android models, it might be located near the battery compartment.
Turning your mobile phone on
Once you have inserted your SIM card, you can turn your mobile phone on. Let’s get started:
- Depending on the device, press and hold the side button or the on/standby button until the phone lights up.
Setting up your mobile phone
When you turn your mobile phone on for the first time, you need to complete its initial setup before using it. A configuration wizard guides you through the different steps.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to choose your language, country, and accessibility options.
- If you already have another Apple device, tap Quick Start to automatically configure your new iPhone. If not, tap Set Up Manually.
- Select a Wi-Fi or cellular network to activate your device and continue configuring it.
- Set up Face ID or Touch ID and create your access code to protect your data.
- If you have an iCloud backup or backup on a computer or Android device, restore or transfer your data. If not, tap Don’t Transfer Apps and Data.
- Enter your Apple ID and password or select Forgot password or don’t have an Apple ID? to recover it, create an Apple ID, or set it up later.
- Turn on automatic updates and information sharing, then set up Siri and other services and display options (optional).
- Tap Start to start using your phone.
If necessary, check out more information on how to set up your iPhone.
- Select your Wi-Fi network, enter your password, and tap Next.
- If you have a Google account (@gmail.com), enter your ID and password. If not, tap Create Account and follow the instructions.
- Select the Google services you want to activate and tap Accept to continue.
- Create a password or save your fingerprint to unlock your device.
- Your Android device is ready for use. If you wish to further customize your device, go to Settings.
If necessary, check out more information on how to set up your Android device.
How to activate Videotron services on your phone
Depending on where you got your mobile phone, you may have to take additional steps to activate your new Videotron services. Follow these steps.