What you need to pay with your phone
Here are a few key things you need in order to pay using your mobile phone:
- An eligible credit or debit card
- A smartphone that is compatible with NFC mobile payments (near field communication must be enabled in your device settings)
- A Videotron SIM card with NFC technology
Good to know
Enter Support followed by your device model in the search bar at the top of the page to find its technical sheet and check if it’s compatible with NFC mobile payments.
You can add multiple cards to your phone, but only one will be used by default. Go to the payment app to select another card or change the default card.
Paying with your cellphone
To make payments directly from your cellphone, select the procedure according to your device model.
Use your Android device to make secure, contactless payments with the Wallet app. To pay for your purchases from your phone (or Apple Watch, Galaxy Watch, Pixel Watch, etc.), download the app from Google Play and add a credit or debit card by scanning it into the app.
To pay for your purchases using the Wallet app, Google Pay must be set as the default payment app.
- Open the Wallet app.
- Add a card by selecting Add to Wallet + at the bottom of the screen, then Payment card and New credit or debit card.
- Scan a card using the camera or manually enter the information using the keyboard. Press Save to confirm.
- To make a payment, turn your phone screen on and unlock it.
- Hold the back of your phone against the card reader. Payment is complete when theicon appears on the screen.
If necessary, refer to these details on paying with an Android device.
Frequently asked questions about paying with your phone
The procedure may vary slightly depending on the model of your device.
- Go to Settings and select (depending on your phone model):
- Samsung: Connections > NFC and contactless payment
- Google (Pixel) / Motorola: Connected devices > Connection preferences > NFC
- Huawei: More connection > NFC
- Turn on NFC option.