Not subscribed to Helix yet? Learn how to troubleshoot issues with your illico remote.
Here are some examples of malfunctions:
- The terminal does not respond when you push a button.
- The terminal only responds if the remote control is in front of it
- The receiver or sound bar does not respond when you adjust the volume
- The TV does not respond when you input a command.
Warning: We recommend that you first check the battery status and favour alkaline batteries over carbon-zinc batteries, which could cause problems with your voice remote control.
Flashing voice remote LED light
Here are possible reasons why your Helix voice remote LED light may be flashing:
The light is green when a button is pressed: The remote is communicating with the terminal via radio frequency
The light is red when a button is pressed: The remote sends an infrared signal to the terminal or another device
The light flashes red 5 times when a button is pressed: Battery level is low
The light flashes blue 3 times: The remote has been reset
The light continually flashes blue: Pairing with the terminal has not been completed. Follow the pairing procedure for the voice remote.
Checking your remote’s battery status
Say “Battery” to display the battery status on your TV screen.
You can also go to your Helix TV terminal’s settings menu
- To access it, press the HELIX button on your remote, then select .
- Select Remote Settings.
If your remote’s batteries are charged, but you still can’t control your devices, follow these steps to reset your remote.
Resetting your remote
- Hold down the and buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds, until the indicator light goes from red to green.
- Press 9 - 8 - 1.
- The light will flash blue three times to indicate that the remote has been reset.
Since resetting the remote disconnects it from the devices you previously paired it with, you need to pair it again.
Pairing the remote control with a terminal
- Turn on the TV manually. Make sure that the selected input is the one corresponding to the terminal (HDMI 1, for example).
- Press the HELIX and buttons on the remote control simultaneously for 5 seconds, until the light changes from red to green.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
Good to know
After pairing the terminal, instructions for pairing your TV and audio system automatically appear on the screen. If you interrupt the process, you can resume by following the instructions above.
If you encounter a problem during pairing, you can reset the remote control at any time.
Replacing a broken or lost remote control
You can always replace your broken or lost remote control with a new one, which you can purchase online in My Account.
- Log on to My Account and select the Services and Equipment section.
- In the My Helix Equipment section, click on Manage my equipment and choose Add equipment from the drop-down menu.
- On the Voice remote tile, click the + symbol to order a new remote control.
- Click Continue.
- Review your Summary and click Proceed to checkout to confirm your purchase.