Restarting the Helix TV terminal
You have three restarting options:
- Unplug your Helix TV terminal’s power cable.
- Wait about ten seconds.
- Plug the power cable back in.
My Helix TV terminal restarts by itself during the night
That’s normal. Your Helix TV terminal is set up to automatically restart every night to install updates or run general maintenance.
Should you be watching direct TV or recorded content at restart time, a message will appear on your screen to ask if you would like to postpone the restart process until the following night. If content is being recorded or you are watching on-demand content at restart time, the restart process will automatically be postponed until the following night.
What happens when I restart?
When your restart your Helix TV terminal, rest assured that your preferences and settings are saved.
TV listings and menu settings
- You will not lose the preferences you’ve set up.
- Your Purchase and Parental Control PIN will not be deleted.
Recorded content and set recordings
- The content you’ve recorded will not be deleted.
- You won’t have to reconfigure your set recordings.
Good to know
In some specific cases, the restart process may affect your recordings or streaming:
If you restart your recorder when recording content, the recording will be interrupted until the device fully restarts. As a result, you should avoid restarting it while recording content.
Restarting your recorder also interrupts the streaming of any recordings from this device. Streaming will resume after the device is restarted.
Error message for unplayable content
Does an error message notify you that your system’s HDMI setup is preventing video playback? Here’s what to do when you get a “RDK-03060” setup error message:
- Unplug your Helix TV terminal power cable, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Make sure your Helix TV terminal is plugged directly into a high-definition television (HDTV) using an HDMI cable. Remove all adapters and other connection accessories, as these might cause compatibility issues.
- Should the issue persist, replace your HDMI cable to connect your Helix TV terminal to your HDTV. You could try a high-speed HDMI cable or any cable certified by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF), for example, making sure it’s at least 2 metres long. This could resolve the issue.