Using your Voice remote
- First, press and hold down the button to enable voice command.
- Say your voice command while holding the button down.
It’s as simple as that! Your command can be a single word (e.g., a channel’s name) or an entire sentence.
You don’t have to change the way you talk; keep your voice natural and speak to your Voice remote as you would a friend.
Good to know
Remember that your remote won’t “listen” unless you press the button!
Here are a few voice commands to get you started
Your Voice remote enables you to do a lot on the Helix platform. Here’s a few examples:
Fast forward/Rewind in a show or movie:
- Fast-forward 2 minutes
- Rewind 30 seconds
Important: The Fast-forward feature is not always available. For example, you can’t use it when watching live content.
- Watch A&E
- Animal Planet
- Go to addikTV
Search for TV shows and movies on demand and in the guide:
- Watch Dynasties
- Watch The Today Show
- Play Good Will Hunting
- Show me free movies for the kids
- Romantic comedies
- Shows with Karine Vanasse
- Action movies
- Show me TV series On demand
- What's on Yoopa on demand?
- What should we watch?
- What do you recommend?
- What is everyone watching?
- What tv shows are on right now?
- What can I look at right now?
Explore the Sports section by category, team or event:
- Lebron James stats
- Compare the Senateurs and the Canadiens
- Senateurs vs Maple Leaf
- Canadiens game
- MLS Ranking
- What are the current soccer matches?
- Is there any sport going on these days?
- Next Raptors game
Control your Helix TV terminal:
- View my recordings
- Forward « time in minutes and seconds »
- Rewind « time in minutes and seconds »
- On demand
- Parental control
Find the title of a piece of music or song being that you’re hearing (credits, clips, etc.):
- What is that song?
- Cat videos on YouTube
Voice command: a feature that’s worth discovering
Feel free to try out the voice command feature. It’s easier than you think! You can even use a well-known movie quote, like “Use the Force, Luke!” to watch Star Wars!
Trust us: you’ll soon wonder how you ever managed without this useful feature!