How to rent a movie on Helix TV
Helix TV has a wide variety of movies in its catalogue, including exclusive new movies every week.
Name the movie title or say “Movies” to access the movie catalogue by category.
Searching by title
Press the HELIX button on your voice remote, select and enter your search using the on-screen keyboard or the remote’s numeric keypad.
Accessing the movie catalogue
Press the HELIX button, select On Demand, then access the Movies tab.
Free or paid movie
On the movie’s info page, select Rent or Watch Options. The cost of the rental will be displayed on a new page.
Choosing format and language
Use the and arrows to select the movie in the desired format (HD or Standard) and language of your choice, paying attention to the FRA and ENG language labels located at the top of the page, under the title.
Warning: Usually, the title and description of movies are displayed in the language of your Helix TV terminal and therefore do not always reflect the viewing language(s) available, which can be identified by the FRA and ENG labels.
Review your order, then select Rent Now or Watch now. Enter your Purchase PIN if you have enabled this feature on your terminal.
You can’t rent a movie from the Helix TV app on your mobile or on the Web, but you can resume viewing rented content on your TV.
Adult content rental
All the adult content offered on Helix TV is gathered in one place in the Helix menu’s On Demand section.
- Press the HELIX button on your voice remote and select On Demand.
- Use the right arrow to navigate to the Adults tab.
- Select Enter to access the content.
- Explore the various categories and select the content you want to rent.
- Follow the same steps as for renting a movie.
With multiple options in Helix TV Parental Control, you can hide titles, images and descriptions of adult content, or temporarily display them. See how to manage access to adult content.
How to resume watching of a rented paid movie
You can resume watching a movie that was interrupted in multi-screen mode, that is on another screen, a mobile device or on the Web. However, your mobile device must be connected to your home Wi-Fi network to watch your movie.
How to resume your movie:
On Helix TV
Say “Purchases” to access the list of rented content and select your movie.
To resume viewing without using the voice command:
- Press the HELIX button on your voice remote and select Saved.
- Under the For You tab, find the Recent Transactions category and select your rented content.
From the mobile or Web Helix app TV
- In the For You section, scroll down to the Rented category and select your movie.
To resume watching content rented for free on Helix TV, press the back arrow on your remote and select your movie. On the Helix TV app, find your movie under the Recently Viewed category in the For You section.
Resume viewing of an adult movie
- Press the HELIX button on your voice remote, select On Demand, then the Adults tab.
- Select Enter and scroll down to the bottom of the section to the Resume viewing category.
- Select the title you wish to resume.
Good to know
You cannot resume viewing a rented adult movie on your TV by using the Helix TV app, on a mobile device or online.
How to access the Éléphant movie catalogue
Éléphant offers a vast catalogue of restored and digitized Québec movies from all eras.
Say the movie title or “Éléphant” to view the entire catalogue.
To access the Éléphant catalogue without using voice command:
- Press the HELIX button.
- Select On Demand.
- Go to the Movies tab, then scroll down to the Éléphant section using the arrow.