To install your Wi-Fi pods, make sure your Helix Gateway is working and that you have a mobile device (phone or tablet) connected to the Wi-Fi and on which you can download the Helix Fi App.
Quick preparation: before activating your Wi-Fi pods
- Download the Helix Fi App.
- Place your pod in areas where the Wi-Fi signal is good AND near areas where the signal is weak.
- Use 1 or 2 pods to cover one or two areas, 3 pods to cover your home and to increase the stability and performance of your Helix Fi gateway, 4 or more pods to cover a very large home with many rooms.
- Layout your Wi-Fi relays the shape of a star, with your gateway in the middle.
- Limit yourself to a maximum of 3 jumps between your gateway and equipment as each jump affects performance and can significantly reduce your connection speed.
Need help optimizing your Wi-Fi network?
To begin your Wi-Fi pod installation
This video is in French but will soon be available in English.
Pod installation and activation takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Open the Helix Fi App on your mobile device.
- Sign in with your Helix username and password.
- Select More from the menu at the bottom of your screen on the right.
- Select Helix Device under the Add a Device tab.
- Select Helix Fi Pods.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is activated, then press Start to start your Wi-Fi pod activation.
Activate your Wi-Fi pods
- Plug a pod into a functional electrical outlet in your home with the Ethernet port facing down. Your pod’s indicator light will blink throughout the activation process.
Note: Do not connect the pods directly to your Helix Gateway using the Ethernet port at the bottom of the pods. The pods are connected to the Gateway through a wireless connection, and you will not be able to activate the pods if one of them is connected directly to the Gateway.
- Press Next, then Connected and operational!
- Once the pod is activated, assign it a name for easy identification in the Helix Fi App.
Good to know
Place your mobile device near the pod, 15 to 20 centimetres away, so that it connects the pod to your Gateway. This step can take 1 to 2 minutes; wait until Your pod is ready! appears on your screen.
You have another pod to activate? Press Add another pod at the bottom of your screen and repeat steps 1 to 4.
Congratulations! You’re done!
Once all of your pods have been installed and activated, press Complete the configuration, then press OK. Your activation process is complete! In the coming days, your home Wi-Fi network will be optimized. The indicator light on the pods should stop blinking and remain off. That is not the case?
Check the status of your pods
Returning to the Overview of the Helix Fi App on your mobile device, a notification will appear at the top of your screen to indicate that your Wi-Fi Gateway and pods are online. You can also see the status of your pods under the Network tab once they are activated.
Are you experiencing problems with the operation of your pods? Check out our Wi-Fi pod Troubleshooting article.