Here are some examples of malfunctions:
- the terminal does not react when you push a button.
- the terminal only reacts if the remote control is in front of it
- the receiver or sound bar does not react when you adjust the volume
- the TV does not react when you input a command.
However, we recommend that you first check the battery status and favour alkaline batteries over carbon-zinc batteries, which could cause problems with your voice remote control.
Checking your remote’s battery status
Just a few words is all you need to know your remote’s battery status.
With the remote :
- Hold down the button on your Voice remote and say “Battery”.
The battery status will then appear on your TV screen.
You can also go to your Helix TV terminal’s settings menu
- To access it, press the Helix button on your remote, then select Settings.
- Select Remote Parameters.
If your remote’s batteries are charged, but you still can’t control your devices, follow these steps to reset your remote.
Resetting your remote
- 1. Hold down the and buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds, until the indicator light goes from red to green.
- Tapez .
Your remote’s indicator light will blink twice to confirm it has been reset.
Since resetting the remote disconnects it from the devices you previously matched it to, you must match it again.
Pairing the remote control with a terminal
- Turn on the TV manually. Make sure that the selected input is the one corresponding to the terminal (HDMI 1, for example).
- Press the and buttons on the remote control simultaneously for 5 seconds, until the light changes from red to green.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
Good to know
After pairing the terminal, instruction for pairing your TV and audio system automatically appear on the screen. If you interrupt the process, you can resume it by following the instructions above.
If you encounter a problem during pairing, you can reset the remote control at any time by following the instruction in step 2.
Returning the remote control
If the remote control still does not work despite a battery change and reset, contact us at 1 877 380-2611 for a full diagnostic.