Activating voice command
Make sure your TV is turned on. Then select the appropriate HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) input.
- Remove the plastic tab on the back of your voice remote.
- Turn on your Helix TV terminal.
- Press the button while pointing the remote at your terminal and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Press and and wait for the light to turn green.
- Enter the three digits that appear on your TV screen.
- You can now use your voice remote.
Good job! You’re now ready to pair your remote.
Follow the pairing steps on the screens. They will tell you how to pair your remote control with your TV or audio receiver.
The following question will appear on the screen: “Would you like to control the TV with the remote control?” Select “Yes” to continue.
Pair your voice remote with a TV and an audio receiver
Your Helix voice remote can control your TV and your audio receiver, as well as your speakers and home theatre system.
Here are the steps to control your TV using your new remote control.
- Hold down the and buttons for 5 seconds.
- Wait for the light on the remote to turn green.
- Enter the five-digit code that appears on the screen and press OK.
- Test your TV’s volume control.
- If you can control it, select “It works.”
Good to know
Not working? Start the pairing over again.
Good job! Your Helix remote has been programmed to work with your TV.
This question appears on the screen: “Would you also like to control your audio receiver with the remote?” Select “No” to finish pairing. Select “Yes” to pair an audio receiver.
Your TV, Helix TV terminal and the device to be paired must be turned on.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Repeat the steps for pairing the remote with your TV.
Restarting the pairing process once voice command is enabled.
Did you stop after voice command was enabled? But you still want to add a TV or an audio receiver... Here’s how.
- Press the key and say, “Remote.” Or select on your remote and the “Remote” option on the screen
- Follow the instructions to pair a TV.
Do you have a new audio receiver?
Your voice remote is paired with a TV. Now you have a new audio system.
To add it, you need to pair the remote and TV again.
Unpairing the voice remote
Want to pair your Helix remote with another terminal? You must first unpair your remote. Here’s how.
This will unpair the Helix TV terminal, your TV and your audio receiver, if you have one. Voice command will no longer work on this entertainment system.
- Hold buttons A and D down until the light turns green.
- Then press 9-8-1 to reset your remote. No instructions to follow on the screen.
- Check your inability to use your remote by testing the volume.
To go further...
Just getting started with Helix? Explore the buttons on your voice remote.
Need to reset your remote or check the battery status? Read this article on how to troubleshoot the Helix voice remote