How to purchase Data Add-on
To purchase Data Add-on for your Mobile plan:
- Log in to the User Centre + app or sign into the Customer Centre.
- In the section Manage Data Add-ons, select the Data Add-on that best suits your needs, then follow the steps on your screen.
- You can use your new Data Add-on as soon as you receive the confirmation number. The Add-on will be valid until the end of the current billing cycle.
Having difficulty purchasing a Data Add-on? You might have already reached one of the data usage limits set for your account. See how to deactivate the limits
How to choose a Data Add-on
Choose the Data Add-on that matches your plan and your usage needs.
- Permanent Data Add-on Canada: 1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB or 5 GB Add on renewed each month and available in Canada.
- Permanent Data Add-on Canada-US: 1 GB, 2 GB or 3 GB Add-on renewed each month and available in Canada and the United States.
- On-Demand Data Add-on Canada: one-time Add-on of 500 MB or 1 GB available in Canada.
- On-Demand Data Add-on Canada-US: one-time 500 MB or 1 GB Add-on available in Canada and the United States.
How does the billing of a Data Add-on work
The purchase of a Data Add-on will appear on your next invoice. If you exceeded your data limit prior to purchasing an On-Demand Data Add-on, any overage charges incurred up until that point will also be added to your next invoice.
Note that once purchased, an On-Demand Data Add-on cannot be cancelled or transferred.
Want to monitor your mobile data usage and avoid additional charges? See how to do it.
Difficulty purchasing a Data Add-on
If you can’t purchase a Data Add-on, you might have reached the data usage fee limit associated with your plan.
You can deactivate the limit:
- For the Videotron network and partner network
- For data roaming in the rest of Canada and abroad
To deactivate the limits, sign into your Customer Centre:
- In the Mobile section, click on Mobile data usage fee limits.
- In the Manage your mobile data usage fee limits, check Modify under the data usage fee limit selected.
- Click on Save.
When these limits are deactivated, your mobile data usage is unlimited. If you exceed the data included in your plan or Data Add-on, you’ll be charged extra. Learn how to manage your mobile data usage.