What is the Videotron WiFi app?
With the Videotron WiFi app, you can easily manage your home Wi-Fi network if you have an Internet service other than Helix. Available for tablets and mobile devices, the app allows you to:
- Customize your Wi-Fi network with a name and password
- Check the quality of your network with its diagnostic tool and speed test
- Set Internet access schedules for all users
To use the Videotron WiFi app, you must be sure to use a device running one of the two latest versions of the operating system (iOS or Android). Note that some older devices may have compatibility issues.
How do I install the app on my devices?
The Videotron WiFi app is free and can be installed on compatible Android or Apple tablets and smartphones.
Installing the Videotron WiFi app on an Android device
To download the Videotron Wi-Fi app to an Android device, go to the Google Play Store on your device and search for the Videotron Wi-Fi app by typing “Videotron” in the search bar. Once downloaded, the app will install automatically.
Installing the Videotron WiFi app on an Apple device
To download the Videotron Wi-Fi app to an Apple device, go to the App Store on your device and search for the Videotron WiFi app by typing “Videotron” in the search bar. Once downloaded, the app will install automatically.
How do I connect the Videotron Wi-Fi app to my New Generation Wi-Fi Router?
Connecting the Videotron WiFi app to your New Generation Wi-Fi Router (Zyxel) is easy:
- Make sure your device is connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Videotron Wi-Fi app
- Enter the Router password. If you’ve never changed your Router password, you will be prompted to create a new one. If not, enter the administrator password you use to log into the Router’s configuration interface.
- Accept the password by tapping the check mark at the top right.
If everything went well, you’re now connected to your Router.
Good to know
What are the Videotron WiFi app’s features?
The Videotron WiFi app has several features:
- Internet access control for secure Internet access using your Router’s unique identifier.
- Network mapping to get a real-time view of your home network and of the strength of the signal going to your connected devices.
- Basic configuration of your Wi-Fi Router and your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- Bandwidth used to monitor all peripheral devices with access to your home network and manage Internet access schedules for all devices.
- Guest access management to allow your guests to connect to your wireless network without giving them access to your personal data
- Diagnostic tool to help you solve network issues.
- Speed test to measure your device’s Internet connection speed in real time.
Note that the Videotron WiFi app is available in both French and English. The language can be changed in your device’s settings.
Good to know