Helix offers useful options, like buying and renting on-demand movies and TV series. To prevent unwanted or impulse purchases, set up the Purchase PIN feature. If anyone wants to buy content, they will have to enter the four-digit code you’ve set up.
How to set-up, enable or disable the Purchase PIN on your TV
- On your Voice remote, press the button twice, then press to highlight Settings and press the middle button of the navigation pad to confirm.
- Press to highlight the Purchase PIN option and confirm.
- To set up your PIN, enable the Purchase PIN option and choose a four-digit number. You can use your Parental Control PIN. Do not use “0000” as a PIN.
- Enter your new PIN in the Enter a PIN box on the Enter a PIN screen and re-enter it to confirm.
- Press Exit to go back to the TV Listings or the Back arrow to go back to Settings.
Watch out: Set up the Purchase PIN individually for each Helix TV terminal and each device that uses the Helix app.
How to set up your Purchase PIN through the Helix app or on the website
With Helix, you can access all your content from any computer or mobile device connected to the Internet. Don't forget to protect your account on your Helix app. Set up Parental Control and a Purchase PIN to stop others from buying or renting content, subscribing to new channels or ordering on-demand content through the app.
- Go to the Helix website on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
- Sign in with your username or email address and password, then go to Settings (the icon ).
- Click on Parental Control to the left of the menu. From this page you can create, edit, delete or disable the Purchase PIN and the Parental Control PIN for each device linked to your account.
Watch out : The Purchase PIN is not activated by default. You have to enable it yourself to protect your purchases.
Good to know
The Purchase PIN isn't needed to watch free on-demand content.
What’s the difference between the Purchase PIN and the Parental Control PIN?
With Helix, you can set up two types of PINs, according to what restrictions you want to set: the Purchase PIN and the Parental Control PIN.
Enable the Parental Control PIN to control what content can or cannot be watched in your house and on mobile devices using the Helix app, and the Purchase PIN to restrict the on-demand content that can be purchased on Helix.
To disable the Purchase PIN, just return to the Purchase PIN option in Settings.