What is Helix Fi Parental Control
The Helix Fi app’s Parental Control feature enables you to restrict access to age-inappropriate or potentially explicit content on websites and apps.
This feature can be applied to individual users or profiles and is enabled only on devices linked to it. The following settings are enabled on the designated profile:
Google SafeSearch: Hides explicit content (text, photo, and video) in Google search.
Bing SafeSearch Strict Mode: Hides explicit content (text, photo, and video) in Bing search.
YouTube Restricted Mode: Hides explicit content in YouTube (search results, suggestions, etc.).
Enabling Parental Control in the Helix Fi App
- Create a profile for your child and assign his devices to it.
- In the People section, select your child’s profile.
- In the profile, tap the icon in the upper right corner.
- Under Activity Settings, select Parental Controls.
- Select Turn On to ensure that devices in this profile only have access to content deemed appropriate for all ages.
- You will see a message confirming activation. Press Close.
Important : Parental Control only restricts access if the devices are connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Content is blocked fairly rapidly once Parental Control is enabled. However, content that was previously accessed on a device may be cached and remain accessible for 24 hours.