What is the Videotron Security Service?
Antivirus software is needed to ensure effective defence against computer threats.
The Videotron Security Service is Videotron’s antivirus software. It is available to Videotron Internet customers and offered to Helix customers, and fully protects devices:
- Regular hard drive scans and analysis of RAM, files used, emails, boot sectors, removable media, and data in transit to check whether there is attempt to corrupt.
- Detection of suspicious and malware (virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.)
- Removal or quarantining of harmful elements
Before installing the Videotron Security Service
Using several security software doesn’t increase the level of protection. In some cases, it may even impede your computer’s performance. To uninstall security software, refer to the manufacturer’s documentation.
Installing the Videotron Security Service
- In the email you received regarding your subscription to the Videotron Security Service, click on the link that will direct you to the activation page.
- Activate your account:
- If your Videotron account number is pre-filled, click Next.
- If your account number is not pre-filled, please enter it and click Next.
- To find your account number, click Click here to find your account number.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and click Create account.
- Confirm your email address:
- If the email address is correct, click the Accept button.
- If the email address is incorrect, click the Edit button and re-enter your email address.
- Enter your newly created information to log on to the Videotron Security Service portal.