What is the Videotron Security Service?
Available to Videotron Internet customers and offered to Helix customers, the Videotron Security Service is an antivirus software that fully protects your devices in various ways:
- Regular hard drive scans
- Detection of attempts to corrupt RAM, files used and emails, among others
- Detection of suspicious elements and malware (virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.)
- Removal or quarantining of harmful elements
The Videotron Security Service is powered by Bitdefender, one of the world’s leading antiviruses on the market.
Good to know
Helix Subscriber, enable the Helix Fi Advanced Security feature for maximum protection.
Before installing the Videotron Security Service
Using several security software doesn’t increase the level of protection. In some cases, it may even impede your computer’s performance. To uninstall security software, refer to the manufacturer’s documentation.
Installing the Videotron Security Service
The Videotron Security Service installation process is done in two phases:
- Enter your newly created information to log on to the Videotron Security Service portal.
- In the portal, go to the My devices section in the menu on the left, and click on Add device.
To complete the installation on Windows or macOS, download the installation file, start it, and follow the steps.
To complete the installation on an Android device, download the application from Google Play and follow the steps.
You can install the Videotron Security Service on five different devices.