I can’t activate the Videotron Security Service
Reconnecting the Videotron Security Service generally resolves this issue. To reconnect, perform the following steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Open the Videotron Service Agent.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Click Change User. The Login window will open.
- Enter your Videotron account number and click Submit.
I have no Internet connection or my connection is slow
Whether you have no Internet connection or your Internet connection has been slow since you installed the Videotron Security Service, the steps to follow are the same:
- Check if your computer has the minimum system configuration required to run the 2019 Videotron Security Service
- Check for conflicts with other software (old versions of the Videotron Security Service, Trend Micro, McAfee, Symantec, etc.)
- Restart your computer
If you use Windows and the problem persists, perform the following steps:
- Open the main window of the Videotron Security Service.
- Make sure the firewall is working: in the Protection section of the Videotron Security Service, disable the firewall using the switch and then reactivate it.
- Still in the Protection section, select Firewall and click Settings.
- In the Network Cards tab, set the Network to Home/Office.
- Under the Settings tab, click Edit Stealth Settings and turn off the network card switch.
- Restart your computer.
The Videotron Security Service software isn’t responding
If the Videotron Security Service isn’t responding, start by rebooting your computer.
If the problem persists, on Windows or Mac, perform the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Security Service:
- Open your Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features, then Uninstall a Program.
- Select Videotron Security Service and click Uninstall.
- Reinstall the Videotron Security Service.
I want to use the Remote Locking feature of the anti-theft service
To use Videotron’s anti-theft service features, perform the following steps:
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Go to the security portal and log into your account.
- Click Anti-theft.
- Select your computer from the list of devices.
- Select the feature you wish to use:
- Locate displays your computer’s location on Google Maps
- Delete clears all data from your computer
Attention : Once the data is deleted from a computer, all the features of the anti-theft service will cease to function
- Lock allows you to lock your computer and specify a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to unlock it
Attention : Be sure to choose a PIN that you won’t forget or that you can easily find if needed. Once the Lock feature is activated, the PIN cannot be retrieved or reset to zero. You cannot access a locked computer without the PIN; this is an inherent feature of the anti-theft service.
Do you have any other questions about the Videotron Security Service?
For more information, see your Videotron Security Service User Guide:
- Click Assistance in the navigation menu on Videotron’s interface.
- Click User Guide.