To install your Wi-Fi pods, make sure your Helix Fi gateway is working and that you have a mobile device (phone or tablet) connected to the Wi-Fi and on which you can download the Helix Fi app.
Quick preparation: before installing your Wi-Fi pods
If you already have one or more activated Wi-Fi pods and want to install a Wi-Fi pod 2, unplug your old pods, install your next-generation pod and reconnect the other pods if necessary.
- Download the Helix Fi app.
- Choose where to plug in your pods, at least one room away from your gateway, in areas where the Wi-Fi signal is good AND near areas where the signal is weak. Pods must be visible and not obstructed by objects or furniture.
- Use one pod to cover one or two areas, 3 pods to cover your home and to increase the stability and performance of your Helix Fi gateway, or two pods to cover a very large home with many rooms.
- Layout your Wi-Fi pods, with your gateway in the middle.
- Limit yourself to a maximum of three jumps between your gateway and equipment, and make sure that Wi-Fi Pod 2 (if you have one) is the first jump. Note that each jump affects performance and can significantly reduce your connection speed.
Need help optimizing your Wi-Fi network?
Installing your Wi-Fi pods
- Open the Helix Fi app on your mobile device.
- Sign in with your Helix username and password.
- From the Overview tab, access the Account section by using the icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Under the Devices section, select Add Helix Fi Pods and choose the type of pod to install.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is activated, then press Start to start your Wi-Fi pod activation.
Activate your Wi-Fi pods
- Plug a pod into a functional electrical outlet in your home with the Ethernet port facing down. Your pod’s indicator light will blink throughout the activation process.
Note: The pod must establish a wireless connection to the gateway during activation. Do not connect the pod directly to the gateway using an Ethernet cable at this point. This can be done later if you want to improve the performance of your network.
- Press Next, then Connected and operational!
- Once the pod is activated, assign it a name for easy identification in the Helix Fi app.
Good to know
Place your mobile device near the pod, 15 to 20 centimetres away, so that it connects the pod to your gateway. This step can take one pr two minutes; wait until Your pod is ready! appears on your screen.
You have another pod to activate? Press Add another pod at the bottom of your screen and repeat steps 1 to 3.
Congratulations! You’re done!
Once all of your pods have been installed and activated, press Complete the configuration, then press OK. Your activation process is complete!
In the coming days, your home Wi-Fi network will be optimized. This optimization may take up to 72 hours; you will receive a notification when it is completed. The indicator light on the pods should stop blinking and remain off. That is not the case? Rectify this problem.
To maximize the network stability and the performance of Wi-Fi pods that are far from the Helix Fi gateway, you can connect them directly to the gateway using an Ethernet cable. That way, you can enjoy an optimal Wi-Fi signal in a garage, attic, or shed, for example.
Would you like to take advantage of this feature? First, set up your pod via wireless connection as described above (you must have a recent version of the Helix Fi app). Then connect the pod to the gateway using an Ethernet cable. Restart the pod by unplugging it from the wall outlet and plugging it back in.
Check the status of your pods
Returning to the Overview of the Helix Fi app on your mobile device, a notification will appear at the top of your screen to indicate that your Wi-Fi gateway and pods are online. You can also see the status of your pods under the Network tab once they are activated.
Are you experiencing problems with the operation of your pods? Check out our Wi-Fi pod Troubleshooting solutions.