What is bonus data?
Some Videotron plans include an additional annual Data Add-on of 10 GB or 100 GB. This add-on is in addition to your plan’s monthly data capacity. Bonus data is used automatically when you have used up all your monthly data. So you don’t have to worry about going over your limit!
The bonus Data Add-on is renewed annually on your plan’s activation date.
How do I know if my plan includes bonus data?
Go to mobile data usage monitoring in the Customer Centre or the User Centre + app. Under the chart depicting your basic mobile data usage, you’ll see two progress bars titled Bonus Data (Canada) – Monthly and Bonus Data (Canada) – Annual, if your plan includes that option.
IMPORTANT: Bonus data can be used in Canada only.
Can I share my bonus data?
You can’t share your mobile data with other people, whether it’s basic data or bonus data.
However, if you’re in close proximity to someone you want to share an Internet connection with, you can create a Wi-Fi hotspot with your mobile device. This will allow other devices to connect to your device and use your data, as long as they’re connected to your hotspot.
Can I use all my annual data in one billing cycle?
No. Some limits apply.
- If you have 100 GB of bonus data per year, you can use up to 20 GB of bonus data per billing cycle.
- If you have 10 GB of bonus data per year, you can use a maximum of 2 GB of bonus data per billing cycle.
How can I track my mobile data usage?
You can track your mobile data usage in the Customer Centre and in the User Centre + app. Three graphs will be displayed there:
- Mobile Data: shows basic monthly data usage
- Bonus Data (Canada) - Monthly: shows bonus data used during the month
- Bonus Data (Canada) – Annual: shows the total bonus data used during the year
In addition, an SMS is sent to you 100 MB before the basic data limit is reached. Another SMS will be sent to you once you reach the monthly bonus data usage limit.