Do you need to reset your Helix TV terminal?
Reset your Helix TV terminal to its original settings if you no longer use it and want to sell it.
You’ll have to reset your Helix TV terminal if you bought it from someone who did not reset it to its original settings before selling it. Error code XRE-00250 will appear on the screen if the terminal isn’t reset before installation.
When you sell your terminal, you must remove the device from your Videotron account before resetting it.
If you’re selling your only Helix TV terminal, contact our Customer Service to remove the device from your account.
If you’re selling one of your Helix TV terminals, remove it from your Videotron account by following these steps:
- Sign in to My Helix Account.
- In the Services and Equipment section, select Manage My Equipment and Remove Equipment.
- Check the serial number underneath the terminal to select the right terminal to remove.
IMPORTANT: The reset actions described below must be done quickly. There should be no more than one second between each action of a step, otherwise you’ll have to start over. However, you may take a break between the various steps, for example, after the remote is reset. Take the time to familiarize yourself with the procedure before starting the reset.
Step 1: Resetting the remote
Follow the instructions to reset your remote so that it is no longer paired to a TV and terminal. The remote must be reset before the terminal.
- Press the A and D buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds, until the indicator light goes from red to green.
- Press 9, 8, and 1 on the keypad at the bottom of the remote.
- The indicator light will flash 3 times to confirm the remote has been reset.
Step 2: Resetting the Helix TV terminal
For the next steps, stay close to the Helix TV terminal and point the remote to the terminal to ensure good communication between the two.
- Press the remote’s Power button and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Press the round middle button on the navigation pad.
- Press the right arrow on the navigation pad.
- Press the down arrow on the navigation pad.
- Press the remote’s Power button again to restart the terminal. It may take several minutes for it to reset.
If the terminal has reset properly, you will see the welcome screen on your TV, followed by the language selection screen.
If you don’t see this screen, follow the steps to reset your Helix TV terminal once more.
Your Helix TV terminal has been reset.
If you are installing the Helix TV terminal that you have just reset, follow the instructions on your TV screen.
For help, you can refer to the detailed instructions for installing the Helix TV terminal.